Quietest .243 Round Around

Its the one with no powder or bullet or primer in pal, no such thing mate, any supersonic round is going to be loud, the only way to quieten it would be to load some subsonic rounds up for it,as they are not available off the shelf, the speed of sound is around 1100 fps so get your chronograph out and get testing, good luck.

As Charlie said.

Easy way to prove this to yourself if you have a .22LR.

Load a sub and fire. Probably near silent with a good mod.

Then load a supersonic round such as a CCI stinger and fire that through the same gun and mod. Bet you it echoes around the valley almost as if the gun was unmoderated!

Only difference apart from the greater powder load is the sound barrier.

My .243 sako 85 will stabilise 100g which supposedly is rare. I use 37g of h4350 and mine is the quietest .243 I've heard - I've shot 80yds from a landowners house and they've not heard it from inside the house.

Heavier rounds mean less powder and slower projectiles = less noise. H4350 is also a slow burning powder so less noisy I think.

I use a MAE T12 mod which is notoriously quiet anyway, but lighter projectiles and hotter loads are definitely louder through my set up.

Yes I have a t12 on my .243 and a very good moderator they are,mine stabilises 100grain bullets no problem, I cant really tell the difference between a 3800 fps 60 grain hp- a 100 grain Winchester in terms of noise through the moderator,subsonic loads are the only way to go if you want to quieten a cf significantly.