300Tdi Defender: Few Probs And Questions

Hello

I have owned my Defender for a few months now, Full major service when brought it including gear oils etc. Its on 204,000 and starts and runs well BUT i have recently been driving it a lot to and from a game farm and it is developing a few issues that id like some advice on.

1. ive noticed that i get a bit of blow by from the oil filler cap when the engine is hot, i also feel like the engine looses a bit of power the longer i drive it, not by alot but it is noticeable. I.e it will happily pull up to 35 in 3rd gear when cold but I seem to have to accelerate harder to get to 35 in 3rd when hot. could this be caused by the blow by, its not a huge amount and doesn't blow the filler cap off but is visible.

2. when in 3rd gear, if i take my food of the accelerator (at any speed down to 20mph) i get a sharp judder, and the car seems to surge on engine braking. (not engine surging just the car jolting forward and holding back) changed fuel filters but no change, feels like it may be starting to do it in 4th gear as well now. It doesn't happen when the clutch is down only when engaged.

3. I replaced the thermostat, flushed the radiator and it still overheats after 20mins on the motorway at 55mph, no issues on the lanes and will happily spend hours running back and fourth on country roads at mixed speeds. Water pump working I think (water being circulated around header tank and pushed out of thermostat bleed screw if removed.

Any advice would be great and very helpful!

Also just out of interest what is the average life span of the clutch on a hard worked defender.

Many thanks
James.

join the landrover forum[landyzone i think] brilliant lads & very helpfull to the extent that if one lives local they will come round & help for a few beers of course-billy