The Morning After The Night Before

Well lads as you know we where out last night and had a good night 6 rabbits in told but we left at 11,30 as we had to be back on the perm to sort some crows out . I picked sean up at 3,30 and off we went as we drove down the drive one rabbit was on the side of the drive and vislauk (sean) got his rifle out and took aim nice head shot and down it went at about 20 yards then as we passed one of the fields there was three sitting about 40 yards away so as i was driving sean took aim and one ,two and three hit the ground the result of three rappid shots they never even ran none of them jumped or back fliped they just lay downand when he went to retreve them another showed its self so up went the rifle again but this time the pellet went under the rabbit as it was away,s off but it got a bloody good scear and jumped adout 4 or 5 feet. We pulled into the farm yard and as we got out there is a dirt track and sean saw 6 rabbits sittiing he took aim again hitting one in the head but it back flipped into its hole.Then off we went sean zerod his rifle in to a different range and off we went for a wander the farm owner was right a big problem with the crows nicking the feed so i shot a few then set a hide up and left it so they will get used to it then i will be back and put payed to them ill tx the owner to day and tell them not to move it its just a few bits of wood up against the barn but will make good cover to wack them.So off i went again came across one lovely big rabbit at about 25 yards i layed down took aim and let one go and missed now i did this to two other rabbits and iv took the mick out of skot ruthless teal for not checking his zero before hunting and iv gone and dun the same so i will put my hands up and say im sorry skot (go on then skot give me shit as i shood know BETTER son ).Well to say i was p****t off is an under staitment there i was in the middle of the feild punching the f**k out of the ground and to top it all off sean had shot another two so he had six to his name and me zero .So off to the car we went sean started to gut his rabbits and i went and zero,d my gun in it was off to the right and high once this was dun i looked down the track and there was two sitting one big rabbit and one small one the big one took off and the little one sat still so at 35 yards i took aim and let one fly and over it went now the game is back on sean had ,had enough and was still cleaning his rabbits so off i went into another field where i took out another rabbit at zero,d range 35yards now i was well chuffed then another at 60 yards just off third mill dot took aim and wack lovely head shot just right of its eye NOW I WAS BACK THE MAC IS BACK but nothing was around every thing had took off so i was happy in the end as there is nothing worse than your shooting partener having a good bag and you blanking so i was a happy man in the end sean you win mate 6 to you and 4 to me o and a few crows .STILL CAN NOT BILEVE YOU TOOK THREE OUT THAT WERE RIGHT NEXT TO ONE ANOTHER but i saw it with my own eyes nice shooting bud after the bad spell you have had its nise to see you back on form TOP CLASS BUD TOP CLASS in total with the 6 from the night before and this morning,s shoot 10 thats 16 not bad not bad at all atvbmac

post-63400-0-69320400-1373017106.jpg

post-63400-0-34317500-1373017117.jpg

post-63400-0-03275100-1373017130.jpg

post-63400-0-52323600-1373017142.jpg

post-63400-0-75841500-1373017153.jpg

post-63400-0-37609000-1373017163.jpg

post-63400-0-58112200-1373017176.jpg

post-63400-0-24138800-1373017190.jpg

post-63400-0-26555000-1373017206.jpg

post-63400-0-83491800-1373017262.jpg

Edited by bigmac 97kt
  • Like 1

Back on track mate ! for now anyway - we both did well mate - shame about the ones that got away - but that's just another mission for us - A well deserved day of rest for me mate - 45 minutes sleep all for the love of the sport !

And I was well impressed with the 3 belters mate - This excalibre is here to stay mate - it's like an extension of my arms & mind !

• Like 1

as usual top shooting chaps well done,its nice when things go well

Plenty here for the birds of prey if you want to come & pick them up - all skinned & cleaned - head shots aswell lol

• Like 1

I just missed a crow tonight, totally mis judged it, thought it was about 45 yards .. more like bloomin 25! pellet went straight over its head I was kicking myself! lol

but then I had a brilliant plinking session putting 13 mm 5 shot groups together at 35 yards.. not bad going for me aint that!

felt like a sniper :laugh::laugh: :laugh:

im getting BETTER, eh mac?! :laugh::laugh::thumbs:

• Like 1