Anybody Had Their Acl Repaired?

Had mine done 9 month ago and im back playing 5a side now takes time and you will have a few set backs as long as you attend physio and do the exercises at home you should be back to your normal self think i was back out lamping after about 5 month

Yes, in 1997. But it snapped again straight after i was told i could start to drive. So had to have it done again, this time with an artificial ACL. In total i was off work for 6 months and never played Rugby again. Have had my PCL done on the same knee too.

My advice would have been to never have it done, but just try to live with it (I did for 2/3 years and still played Rugby)

Do as much Physio as you can, Quads and Hammies nice and strong and best of luck with it.

Arch.

:thumbs:

i was surprised to find a 5 inch incision on my knee after it , i thought it was keyhole but hey ho!

i was also expecting a few weeks before i can get back out , 5 months seems a long time aha

atb

myles

did mine playing rugby butt couldnt take the time of work because i was self imployed to have the operation know a lot of boys that had the operation its 8 to 10 months before you kick a rugby ball has for lamping give that a wide birth one twist you be back on the operateing table i did my cruciate and medial didnt play for two years came back without haveing a operation butt was never the same player

I did mine playing football, had the op about 4 months after and was back playing football again 10 months after the op, still took me a while to build the strength up in again to somewhere were it once was.. My advice would be to take the rehab/physio very seriously if you want it right again, I got lazy with my rehab and had a couple of set backs because of it...

I did mine playing football, had the op about 4 months after and was back playing football again 10 months after the op, still took me a while to build the strength up in again to somewhere were it once was.. My advice would be to take the rehab/physio very seriously if you want it right again, I got lazy with my rehab and had a couple of set backs because of it...

damn right my knee feels stronger now than it did before it was done although sometimes a bit stiff the day after ive played again