Bagged A Few More With The 97Kt

Evening all, just got back from an outing just before it got dark and a good result was had, I managed to bag 3 nice woodys 1 magpie and a crow, got the 1st pigeon around 20 yards away hitting the pigeon in the heart and lung sending it down from the tree :D walked on abit further in the wood and there was a crow at the top of a thick tree around 40 + yards, it was facing me so raised the gun is slowly took aim and down it went with another heart and lung shot but it got stuck near the top of the tree and I just couldn't manage to get it out wich was a shame as would have made great ferret food for a friends ferret, carried on in the wood and spotterd another pigeon about 25 yards down it went with a clean head shot :D looked around and there was a magpie sat at the top of a Thorne tree thinking I couldn't see it but I could I pulled the tigger and it was game over for the magpie but yet again got stuck up the tree wich was a shame as i dont like killing game for nothing it could of made good ferret food but hey ho. At this point it was getting dark and hard to spot so i started walking back to the car and spotted a pigeon on top of another Thorne tree around 50 yards maybe abit further so I raised the 97 knocked the safety off put 2 mill dots above the pigeons head squeezed the trigger and down it went falling into the thick stuff yet again, at this point I was fed up of not been able to get them but this is what happens when shooting when everything's high I guess. I have 2 pictures to come when I find my cable to put them onto the laptop but anyway happy hunting.

Atb DD

• Like 1

I think u need different tactics DD if there hi u need to wing as nine out ov ten they will fall out ov tree then u have chance to dispatch ov them cleanly and there will be no need to climb or be upset about loosing it as theres nothing worse but keep up the good work and happy hunting mate

I think u need different tactics DD if there hi u need to wing as nine out ov ten they will fall out ov tree then u have chance to dispatch ov them cleanly and there will be no need to climb or be upset about loosing it as theres nothing worse but keep up the good work and happy hunting mate

I'd sooner do a nice clean kill and it be stuck in the tree than injure one and be able to dispatch it when it flys to the growned