Lakie X Collie

mate of mine asked me to put these on for him, i think it was forest of dean redneck an a few others that wanted to see pics, so anyways here are pics of the 2 bitches that are showing most potential, altho they will all get there chances. all pups were placed in homes that would allow them to be tried, these 2 went to his inlaws

P030713_1910_zps58423d51.jpg

P030713_190901_zps6dd5ba01.jpg

P030713_1909_zps770b1619.jpg

P030713_1908_zpsbb98745c.jpg

i not sure on ther size last time i saw them they were around 16 ats, but ill find out how tall an heavy they are now when i next talk to him

Edited by Hot Meat
  • Like 4

yeah they are nice pups, i like them, they seem to pick things up real quickly and know what you want them to do, even as pups they seem to be in right place right time most of times i been out with them

When these wee dogs prove their salts, and are bred to a whippet / grey put me down for a pup :victory:

Shame the fella that bred them left the sites.. He was one of the sensible ones and I enjoyed his posts :yes:

Keep us posted with how they come on.. Are these to be ferreting ~ bushing ~ all sing all dancing game flushing hounds ??

I haven't got a small dog about atm. When I had a wee Lakeland x fell cross, it could account for as many rabbits as two lurcher's hunting the fells..

My old lurcher was clued up and would play goal keeper, but the terrier could hit them on the seat and made her look daft some times :laugh:

Hopefully they wont drop to ground

100_0522.jpg

:laugh:

• Like 1

these pups are so laid back its funny, but as soon as they see him lift there leads they go haywire, they dont even get excited going for a walk with there owners, but at 8 month old they know who grafts them. they were bred to be allround small bunny dogs, marking an covering nets, bushing an any other jobs they can throw themselves into when ever the lurchers aint allowed on the land or pushing game out cover for the lurchers, time will tell but i know he has very high hopes for the whle litter, but these 2 bitches in particular, iv asked if he thinks its down to them gettin more time spent with him than the others, but he seems to think its because they were kept together as a pair, time will tell tho an know he will tell warts an all when they have been given a fair crack of the whip so to speak. i do know a black bitch in litter is being trained as a gundog an will be used to beat an pick up aswell as mark warrens when needed an they trainer has nothing but good words to say about the bitch, i have yet to see it tho. ill try an keep the pics updated for the folk that are intrested, as i for 1 am dying to know how they will be half way throo season :victory:

• Like 1

said this before the best dog i ever see was a collie x mongrel terrier, in this town there a re loads of people that hunted and everyone of them would go to the road gizmo lived on to try get him first to go out with, worked with ferrets the gun would run with a pack of beagles, lamped rabbits hand him a net in his mouth and would cross to the other side for someone to take it off him, there was the odd better busher but as an all round dog havent seen one like him yet .

hope your collie xs turn out good for you looking forward to hearing of there progress.

atb fenman

• Like 1