97 Problems Buts This Crow Aint One

hi all well i got my self a brand new hw 97k laminate yesterday by a fellow member and gave it a zero last night before it got dark and this morning i went out to see what i could get with it i got to the 1st tree where the crows sit but i must have been to close and the pellet went right over it and missed so i moved to near another tree and did the same was bloody guted i thought thats it now spoiled my chances so i decided to move on further up the wood and i heard the crows at it again where i missed the 1st one there it was right at the top the shot must have been about 35 to 40 yards i couldn't take a head shot as there was a branch in the way so i gave it a heart and lung so i took aim wham down it went this is the 1st springer i have owned for over 13 years so i was happy with the shot and i got further along and missed a verry easy magpie :icon_redface: dont know how i missed it to be honest lads but the gun is new to me i have shot pcp's for years so i will get used to this soon enough hears a couple of pics me taking aim on the 1st crow and missing :icon_redface: thanks for reading atb kev :thumbs:

005_zps4111b6a0.jpg

and my kill :D

006_zpscd20038d.jpg

• Like 1

Nice write up mate.

Can I suggest that you try holding the rifle a different way and dont support the under lever while shooting it mate.

I can imagine that you didnt zero the rifle in this hold. By shooting it like this you are magnifying a process called jump. Jump happens on firing a recoiling rifle.

By doing this you are in fact causing the barrel to shoot high and the pellet to fly over the target.

Just some helpful advice mate.

• Like 1

I also got my first springer about 3 weeks ago,an hw97kt .22 First in 5yrs anyway.Finding it hard work....but i am enjoying it.

Every time i take shot,i find myself talking to myself,trying to make sure i am doing everything right.Not a problem....could be in company though :laugh:

• Like 1

Hi gafer just got my son a 97k a few weeks agooff a very good freind on here. he to is alittle frustrated as he to is missing a few easy shots I to have told him to think about recoil on the gun and the way he holds it and the way he breathes before he shoots .the gun is set up at 35 to 45 yrds now so the gun should be spot on as he has been plinking for a to get the practice in he was in the forces for abit and all I get is I noe how to shoot and I keep saying its been a while so dont think cos u can u can kill first time .so he has got alot better now and we are going out soon so kets see if it changes .but good with 97 gafer as a think my son will need it lol

Hi gafer just got my son a 97k a few weeks agooff a very good freind on here. he to is alittle frustrated as he to is missing a few easy shots I to have told him to think about recoil on the gun and the way he holds it and the way he breathes before he shoots .the gun is set up at 35 to 45 yrds now so the gun should be spot on as he has been plinking for a to get the practice in he was in the forces for abit and all I get is I noe how to shoot and I keep saying its been a while so dont think cos u can u can kill first time .so he has got alot better now and we are going out soon so kets see if it changes .but good with 97 gafer as a think my son will need it lol

LOL my mate was in the army a few years back....

took him down on my permission and at 27 yards with my .22 hw97k he was hitting groups the size of footballs! I was hitting 5p sized groups tho.. maybe that's why he left the army :laugh::laugh:

• Like 1