Cut the loins from the saddle, flatten them between two sheets of clingfilm to give two roundish slabs of meat, sandwich a bit of palmer ham between the two flattened loins and fry in butter with a bit of seasoning! Fecking lovely! :thumbs:

Doing that and bunny burgers tonight as it happens.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/rabbit_saltimbocca_44514

Rabbit saltimbocca

Saltimbocca is traditionally made using veal, prosciutto and sage. This recipe uses rabbit, bacon and sage, for a quick, easy and extremely tasty supper.

Ingredients
Preparation method
  1. Place the rabbit fillets between two pieces of cling film and bash lightly with a meat hammer or rolling pin until ½cm/¼in thick.

2. Remove the cling film and place the bacon and sage leaves in between the fillets. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.

3. Heat the oil in a lidded frying pan and fry the rabbit fillets for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until golden-brown. Pour over the beer or wine and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer, cover and cook for another 10 minutes.

Apart from the usual stews pies etc I have also minced rabbit mixed in a little sausage meat rolled into balls and then coated in bread crumbs. Put it into the oven for 20 minutes and theyre done. Usual dip them in either thai sweet chilli sauce or reggae sauce.

• 3 months later...

hi anyone no any good ways of cooking rabbit i have tried boiling it and wasnt much taste.

so looking a recipe on roasting one. thanks

Have these mate, good luck.

Cheers, D.

i made the rabbit hotpot from these recipies today and it was bloody lovely, got some left for tommorow after my morning mooch aswell!

• Like 1