Rspca Article

Not sure if anyone has seen this yet but http://www.telegraph.co.uk/lifestyle/pets/10149908/The-RSPCA-made-US-feel-like-criminals.html

Few little stories in there where they've taken people to court for basically nowt....b*****ds aren't they?

I know a few people on here have had dealings with them but what legal rights do they actually have? Like taking that poor woman's German Shepherd off her and she hasn't seen it since....i probably won't ever have dealings with them but if i did could i just tell them to get to f**k?

And if they did manage to take the dogs would it not just be a case of following the van to the kennels then busting the dogs out over night?

b*****ds.

Some of the stuff on there is shocking, talk about clutching at straws. A young lass in the North East accused of not killing a rabbit her dog caught quickly enough, fined £200 and banned from keeping animals for 10 years :icon_eek: won on appeal like but come on FFS!!

• Like 2

they took my mates dogs for 6mths and 9mths and had no way of winning the case,so started the dirty tactics by threatening them with the cost of the kennel fees and the case costs if they didnt sign the dogs over but my mate just laughed at them and it got thrown out of court and the dogs returned :laugh:

ill tell you what if an inspector JUMPED my fence and took my dogs, if by some miracle i managed to find the strength to let him leave my street with all of his teeth and face intact. He'd be getting a charge of trespass brought against him. civilians in blue jumpers, thats no different to the bloody neighbour jumping the fence and taking the dogs.

I can see in the next few years it fizzling out, not totally, but certainly centres being shut down due to lack of funds. absolute pests they are doing stuff like this.

They'd simply get the same question plod have ever got if they turned up at the house 'have you got the warrant i can have a look at there sir...? No...? Ok, well please leave my property an don't come back until you have one'

Can anyone clear up why they don't get prosecuted themselves when they take someones animals illegally? So basically they're just civillians, they have no right to take your animal without having police present and a warrant.....and yet they just take the animals, regularly! so what makes them any different to dog thieves? or any other thieves? I don't understand why they don't get prosecuted???

Can anyone clear up why they don't get prosecuted themselves when they take someones animals illegally? So basically they're just civillians, they have no right to take your animal without having police present and a warrant.....and yet they just take the animals, regularly! so what makes them any different to dog thieves? or any other thieves? I don't understand why they don't get prosecuted???

That's what i thought Rob...surely they've taken animals illegally, trespassed, given you undue stress etc, so why aren't they prosecuted? I'd milk them for every penny for the emotional turmoil suffered ;)

that's the good thing about articles like this though, the CA are regularly highlighting stuff like this but it's only really the members that see it, which is fine but their antics needs to be more widely known IMO. It's no the CA members that are funding them, it's the general public that just assume they are legit. The more articles like this, the more their funds will dwindle and the quicker they'll disappear....hopefully!

• Like 3

f***ing disgusting and they wonder why people aren't donating to them. They really have lost the plot

I had a visit last year they'd had a tip of that I was digging billies complete bollocks just someone shit stirring. They told me they would have to interview me under caution! And that they had the power to seize my dogs.

I hadn't let them through the door but one made a grab for border that was sat next to me. They told me that all this could be cleared up if I handed over my dogs so that there vet could inspect them. And if I really was innocent I should be quite happy to do so.

Told them to jog on and come back with the police and a warrent. Never heard a thing back from them.

• Like 1