Beddy Whippet

Hello everyone does anyone use a first x beddy whippet for bushing rabbits? are they any good for it, will they face any cover to me it seems the perfect dog for it. At least on paper anyway, small enough to get in amongst it with a decent coat to handle the really dense stuff and then if successfully flushed into the open quick enough to catch it. Look foward to reading your comments. Cheers. Photos of anyones bedy whippets would be great too

my bedywhippet is still young but will get into cover after rabbits, but he,s worked out that its best to wait out side for the terriers to flush them out.

if he gets impatient he sometimes pushes the terriers out of the way and gets in there himself, but you can,t catch bolters if you are in cover and don,t see them come out

what he is good at is when out lamping and a rabbit reaches the edge of a field [hedge or wall] and thinks its safe he will carry on and smash his way into the cover and make a catch.

i,ve been told this is normal for a beddywhippet because they sometimes lack pace in open fields and catch at the edges

hope this helps

• Like 1

my bedywhippet is still young but will get into cover after rabbits, but he,s worked out that its best to wait out side for the terriers to flush them out.

if he gets impatient he sometimes pushes the terriers out of the way and gets in there himself, but you can,t catch bolters if you are in cover and don,t see them come out

what he is good at is when out lamping and a rabbit reaches the edge of a field [hedge or wall] and thinks its safe he will carry on and smash his way into the cover and make a catch.

i,ve been told this is normal for a beddywhippet because they sometimes lack pace in open fields and catch at the edges

hope this helps

I have one and I would say you have have given a fair description of its pluses and negatives.

I had one and as soon as I get room I will have another,great bushers probably the best ratter great little allrounder 21 tts took things with that dog that some big dogs wouldn't,he was entered late but still yipped a little bit best on short dashes super quick reflexes would try to go to ground which maybe wouldn't suit you,I now have a beddy/grey which is better if you do a lot of lamping