Some Info On Type Of Dog I Saw

Hi sorry if this is the wrong section !

Just looking for some advice I was lying in bed earlier saw this light out the window, I live kinda I guess you could say at the edge of the city beside fields and such, some guy 18-25 region, had a harness leash and big torch and was shining it down the field I assumed he was lamping or something he just shined the light for a second or two on the dog I thought to make sure it was still there as it was at the bottom of the field away from him, he walked away around the corner of my house which is towards other fields and farms ect.

So the dog ran up past my house I thought it was a boxer at first due to the colour of the fur not sure the right name for it.

It appeared to be kind of like a big bull terrier like the size of a lurcher or medium dog? perhaps some sort of mix I figured it could of been crossed with a sight hound of some kind if he is lamping with it ? not sure only got a look at it for a few seconds as it was kind of running to catch up with him.

I dont know anything about hunting really I just like to browse these forums from time to time :) but it kind of looked like this american staffordshire terrier same colour roughly maybe not the white but the face looked more like a bull terrier.

american_staffordshire_terrier.jpgamstaff295x245.jpg

that kinda colour ^

Anyway sorry for the big wall of text, the reason im asking is im worried as I have a little patterdale lakeland terrier x and I let her out she likes to sit out and watch and whatever else so quite afraid it would kill her or something like that or even mistake her for a rabbit as shes quite small.

Well thanks alot for reading hope you can help me out :)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

MC112 , I can,t understand why your getting so much aggro , from a perfectly reasonable query , T answer your question the dog sounds like a bullx greyhound and you are right to be worried , they are

sounds like it could of been one of them search and rescue bull x greyhounds. searching the fields for lost or injured rabbits so he can rescue them and make sure they are ok before letting them go so

Jog on Anti.

Hi sorry if this is the wrong section !

Just looking for some advice I was lying in bed earlier saw this light out the window, I live kinda I guess you could say at the edge of the city beside fields and such, some guy 18-25 region, had a harness leash and big torch and was shining it down the field I assumed he was lamping or something he just shined the light for a second or two on the dog I thought to make sure it was still there as it was at the bottom of the field away from him, he walked away around the corner of my house which is towards other fields and farms ect.

So the dog ran up past my house I thought it was a boxer at first due to the colour of the fur not sure the right name for it.

It appeared to be kind of like a big bull terrier like the size of a lurcher or medium dog? perhaps some sort of mix I figured it could of been crossed with a sight hound of some kind if he is lamping with it ? not sure only got a look at it for a few seconds as it was kind of running to catch up with him.

I dont know anything about hunting really I just like to browse these forums from time to time :) but it kind of looked like this american staffordshire terrier same colour roughly maybe not the white but the face looked more like a bull terrier.

american_staffordshire_terrier.jpgamstaff295x245.jpg

that kinda colour ^

Anyway sorry for the big wall of text, the reason im asking is im worried as I have a little patterdale lakeland terrier x and I let her out she likes to sit out and watch and whatever else so quite afraid it would kill her or something like that or even mistake her for a rabbit as shes quite small.

Well thanks alot for reading hope you can help me out :)

perhaps he read your other post and was doing you a favor by scaring away all those big nasty fox`s :laugh:

There is a lot of paranoia on this forum :yes: this forum is on the world wide web and available for the WORLD to read ffs get a grip folks the odd inquisitive person who knows nothing about hunting is going to pop on now and then :yes: We have nothing to hide :victory:

• Like 2

There is a lot of paranoia on this forum :yes: this forum is on the world wide web and available for the WORLD to read ffs get a grip folks the odd inquisitive person who knows nothing about hunting is going to pop on now and then :yes: We have nothing to hide :victory:

Read his other posts mate. He's an anti. Along with hundreds of others.

Read his other posts mate. He's an anti. Along with hundreds of others.

Even if that is correct what does it matter if your doing nothing wrong? they will quickly get bored and go away or get banned if they cause trouble :yes:

• Like 1

I seem to have annoyed a few people ? i was just posting this here to try and figure out what kind of dog it could be as im sure you guys know a lot more about hunting dogs than i do.

i didnt want to let my own dog out in case he happened to come by again. As i said a little terrier could be mistaken for a rabbit or something like that.

Not sure why im getting hate about my previous posts was just asking about foxes and stuff like that.

thanks

edit: also im not sure what an anti is im guessing somone who is against hunting ? if somone could explain that possibly.

From my previous post i thought people were generally quite helpful on these forums i guess not since alot are taking the mick because of this topic, the question may seem a little silly as you might not have any idea what type of dog it is without seeing it i just thought i would ask anyways.

Edited by MC112