Out Again!

Finished early friday so thought id go and pop down to my permission! so first i zero'd in at 27 yards and i was shooting spot on as you can see from my zero'd 5 shot group!

dbf5bb1f-d669-4560-b5a5-a9cf8f9ac902.jpg

So walking around and after a short while i spotted this one stripping a tree showing me just why the owner of the land want rid of them!

fa91f3ad-7ba8-4625-ba8f-9c849e7a4700.jpg

So after i got him i spotted this crow at about 50 yards this was way too far for me, so i stalked closer till i got about 30 yards away, really pleased with myself because every time i tried to get closer to anything before it spotted me and ran off! :laugh:

754e6d0a-7afc-4fac-b2a2-59ef2ee5dce5.jpg

While out there was loads of rabbits so im hoping to bag a couple next time! But rabbits just seemed to run away straight away so what would help me with rabbits? would camo clothing help them not spot me? or is it just me being too loud? Any advise with the rabbits would be appreciated! :thumbs: All in all tho i was fairly happy with what i got.

ATB Mike :bye:

• Like 3

Could be movement, could be noise, which way was the wind blowing?

could be that they have been shot at so much they know not to hang around :thumbs:

great looking rifle too

Edited by AR177

Thanks mate! I love it, although i do fancy a springer now aswell, looking for a decent second hand one!
And i dunno mate ill have to try a few things see where im going wrong, but i think i will try camo clothes first
There is shotgun cartriges all over so that could be the case, but they have told me I'm welcome to get a shotgun myself and use it on there land so I'm going to send my application off once its countersigned!
ATB Mike

Edited by Miikee-L

out of interest what was your zero range..? good group that..

I think from the bipod you would be fine shooting to 50 yards mate, if conditions were good enough that is.

great shooting, keep it up mate

SKoT :victory:

I Zero'd in the rifle at 27 yards mate using JSB Exact 4.53 resting on the bipod, but when i was out i took off the bipod as there was nowhere to use it really, so i dropped it back off in my car, i think I'm going to try a shooting stick in the future to see if i get on any better with that!

Cheers mate! :thumbs:

ATB Mike

Hi bud first off camo gear is a must ,no smelly s ie.after shave ,deodorant as they will smell you long before you will see them and learn to walk quietly watch where you put your feet ,and lie in wait for them if you have to but not in front of them for instance if a rabbit runs down its hole lie at the side of its hole and not in front of it as a rabbit will not look left or right it will look strait ahead as it leave,s the hole and run a few yards out before it stops ,no sudden movements aether, take your time and take your shot .when i lie in wait for them i lie at my zeroed distance ,and be very very quiet some come back out in a few mins and some a lot longer .Camo gear,gloves,and camo face net will also help you with the crows and the woodys and when her indoors dus the washing tell her not to use eny thing that smells ,ie,Soap powder,fabric conditioner as this will also alert the rabbits that you are approaching there sense of smell and hearing is second to none and our worst enemy and most of all the wind as it will carry your smell to them so all ways keep the wind in your face and not the back of you as this will also make them run hope this helps bud and keep at them the more your out the more you learn atvbmac

• Like 1

Hi bud first off camo gear is a must ,no smelly s ie.after shave ,deodorant as they will smell you long before you will see them and learn to walk quietly watch where you put your feet ,and lie in wait for them if you have to but not in front of them for instance if a rabbit runs down its hole lie at the side of its hole and not in front of it as a rabbit will not look left or right it will look strait ahead as it leave,s the hole and run a few yards out before it stops ,no sudden movements aether, take your time and take your shot .when i lie in wait for them i lie at my zeroed distance ,and be very very quiet some come back out in a few mins and some a lot longer .Camo gear,gloves,and camo face net will also help you with the crows and the woodys and when her indoors dus the washing tell her not to use eny thing that smells ,ie,Soap powder,fabric conditioner as this will also alert the rabbits that you are approaching there sense of smell and hearing is second to none and our worst enemy and most of all the wind as it will carry your smell to them so all ways keep the wind in your face and not the back of you as this will also make them run hope this helps bud and keep at them the more your out the more you learn atvbmac

Thanks Mac! some great tips in there for me to go out and try! looks like i will be out after pay day investing in some camo gear, would you use some camo on the rifle as well even if its just on the more shiny bits? and i would have never thought about the deodorant and aftershave smell! and thats perfect because i found out where there are some rabbit burrows and it would be a good spot to wait for them! Cheers for the advise Mac will be trying it out and hopefully ill have a couple rabbits to show next time when i get the camo gear! Greatly Appreciated!

ATB Mike

• Like 1

A simple way to get the rabbits is to get there before they do! It is boring, so make sure you have some good apps on your phone, but lay in wait. You don't need to worry about camo so much then! But get in position down wind of the rabbits, wait for them to get 5 yards from their burrows and then drop them!

If you are after camo try this stuff!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6-LARGE-NBC-Army-Surplus-Camo-Suits-Jacket-Trousers-/270669094228?pt=UK_Sporting_Goods_Sports_Clothing_LE&hash=item3f05229d54

Not the height of fashion or the latest real grass leaf camo pattern but this stuff works (I know, I still use it myself). Why so many suits? Take the liner out of 2 suits, (can be cut out with a sharp pair of scissors), ideal summer camo, leave liner in 2 suits for autumn/spring and winter wear. Just make sure you wear some old clothes under the camo, as the charcoal does rub off onto clothes. You have 2 spare suits then in case you rip any on barbed wire, nails etc! Works well. Also helps with scent reduction, after all this is designed to stop gas getting in, your scent is a gas, so it will help stop it getting out!

• Like 1

A simple way to get the rabbits is to get there before they do! It is boring, so make sure you have some good apps on your phone, but lay in wait. You don't need to worry about camo so much then! But get in position down wind of the rabbits, wait for them to get 5 yards from their burrows and then drop them!

If you are after camo try this stuff!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6-LARGE-NBC-Army-Surplus-Camo-Suits-Jacket-Trousers-/270669094228?pt=UK_Sporting_Goods_Sports_Clothing_LE&hash=item3f05229d54

Not the height of fashion or the latest real grass leaf camo pattern but this stuff works (I know, I still use it myself). Why so many suits? Take the liner out of 2 suits, (can be cut out with a sharp pair of scissors), ideal summer camo, leave liner in 2 suits for autumn/spring and winter wear. Just make sure you wear some old clothes under the camo, as the charcoal does rub off onto clothes. You have 2 spare suits then in case you rip any on barbed wire, nails etc! Works well. Also helps with scent reduction, after all this is designed to stop gas getting in, your scent is a gas, so it will help stop it getting out!

Cheers secret agent mole! thats a good price tbh! better than what i thought i would have to pay! Only problem is that there large but i suppose a bit extra won't gonna hurt! and good idea cutting out the liner to make the summer/winter camo :thumbs: Whats the quality like with them mate? although not really a problem at that price for that many suits! Cheers for the suggestion tho bud well worth a try!

ATB Mike

Its up to you if you wear cammo mate just some dull drab colours will work just as well , take your time watch where your putting your feet and a few times ive been spotted i keep going but shrink down till im on my knees and or lieing down and then that the shot

Hi miikee just get some scrim netting and drape it over your rifle im not sour if that's what its called but the lads on here will no doubt put me right or you could camo your rifle looks good for a bit but then some of it will go black where it rubs agenst your clothing atvbmac

post-63400-0-93289900-1372171839.jpg

post-63400-0-50749500-1372171872.jpg

post-63400-0-40985500-1372171889.jpg