Known Jack Russells, "one Eyed Jack " And "the General"

Any of these white cork dogs ever bread with blacks or chocs?

Blacks/ Chocs..... Same thing really. Most white dog men would not go out of their way to go down that route. Just simply not their thing. Not to say some men are not as particular as others about their breeding and have dropped some good red fell/bull x into "their" white dogs and then bred back to white again. Plenty of related white dogs of good standard down this way as to not force most to go outside the white family.

Corkman i had a dog given to me by a man TF from wexford that was bred down in cork by SB,a dog called SAM,ugly as hell but a very good worker,sealyhamxrussell,did you ever hear tell of this dog,it ended up back in wexford with another man MM,long story.

When down that way a few years back I heard of such a dog. Not really sure of the dogs name but it was with the same men. Rough and ready ugly buggers with good hearts. My first one of this type was a good few years back now from JA and JM stock. I was young but what a great tidy dog with endless stamina. Sound all day long. The older men had plenty of these and never even knew what happened to many pups given away!

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

some of our bitches with bull blood in the mix all baying bitches worth the weight in gold

Snagbrac..... more like 21 years since Tip landed - 1992. You would have some craic working out the breeding COI and percentage of Sealyham (or not) in this line to date based on this period of time.

This is a pic of dog at 6 months . I was recently told by a mate that these dogs have been mentioned in a new book so who knows, maybe porkies alright but the man did seem genuine, and actually he d

Posted Images

Any of these white cork dogs ever bread with blacks or chocs?

Blacks/ Chocs..... Same thing really. Most white dog men would not go out of their way to go down that route. Just simply not their thing. Not to say some men are not as particular as others about their breeding and have dropped some good red fell/bull x into "their" white dogs and then bred back to white again. Plenty of related white dogs of good standard down this way as to not force most to go outside the white family.

Corkman i had a dog given to me by a man TF from wexford that was bred down in cork by SB,a dog called SAM,ugly as hell but a very good worker,sealyhamxrussell,did you ever hear tell of this dog,it ended up back in wexford with another man MM,long story.

When down that way a few years back I heard of such a dog. Not really sure of the dogs name but it was with the same men. Rough and ready ugly buggers with good hearts. My first one of this type was a good few years back now from JA and JM stock. I was young but what a great tidy dog with endless stamina. Sound all day long. The older men had plenty of these and never even knew what happened to many pups given away!

There was a man from the midlands involved in these dogs aswell,he ran on a lot of dogs for them men,it was through him that i acquired the Sam dog,JM.

I was out a good few years back with TF and further up with JM if I have the right man? I left a young bitch with JM on that one visit. Never did find out how she worked out as I didnt have his number and was digging with different lads at the time.

An old style bitch came back to Cork from JM who was with another man up that way? She might have been down off of Sam? The bitch herself wasn't up to much but was bred? to a top dog and produced a handy bitch. Rest of litter were crap.

Edited by Corkman

I was out a good few years back with TF and further up with JM if I have the right man? I left a young bitch with JM on that one visit. Never did find out how she worked out as I didnt have his number and was digging with different lads at the time.

An old style bitch came back to Cork from JM who was with another man up that way? She might have been down off of Sam? The bitch herself wasn't up to much but was bred? to a top dog and produced a handy bitch. Rest of litter were crap.

Same man Corkman,JM still has some of the same stuff,he lives about half hour away from me but he had a heart attack a few year back and does not do as much as he used to.Some of that particular stuff came very big,half a litter could be just right and the other half like wheatens.

Snagbrac, we have began to slowly reduce the size of our dogs from within our own stock. We still like the bigger type dog down this way and so I don't imagine us getting too carried away ;-)

I did bring in a bitch from outside breeding. She is a grand well made bitch from top stock, good brain, nose etc...... She started off exceptionally well. She failed to work out for my needs but had her particular uses, so was drafted out to really decent lads who have brought her along well and she's still working away. I crossed her only recently to our own stuff to see if the lines would click. We unfortunately only got one pup in the litter (fading puppy - bloody gutted). I have kept this pup back myself and in time we shall see if the little trial worked....... Cracking young pup. Time will tell how she works......

Edited by Corkman

Same man Corkman,JM still has some of the same stuff,he lives about half hour away from me but he had a heart attack a few year back and does not do as much as he used to.Some of that particular stuff came very big,half a litter could be just right and the other half like wheatens.

Sorry to hear that about JM's heart condition. He is a decent sort. Pass on my regards. I wouldn't mind finding out how that bitch I left with him turned out? The bottle of whiskey he gave me when leaving that day went down well...... Agree some the stuff comes quite big alright which goes back to a man from Corks stuff of the same initials JM. Harsh selection sorts that over time......

• Like 1

Sorry to hear that about JM's heart condition. He is a decent sort. Pass on my regards. I wouldn't mind finding out how that bitch I left with him turned out? The bottle of whiskey he gave me when leaving that day went down well...... Agree some the stuff comes quite big alright which goes back to a man from Corks stuff of the same initials JM. Harsh selection sorts that over time......

Corkman did you ever hear of a man from patrichswell,JS [welsh man] he kept the sealyhamx's aswell,a gentleman to speak with,fought cancer 3 times and in the end it took him but in his late 70s would make the trip up to me for a days diging once or twice a season.I tried sending you a pm but i think your pm box is full.

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

JM from Cork had a blade dog.

There was also a dog called Blade in Laois from what i was told made quite a name for itself but was also informed by someone that dug the dog often that he was just a decent digging dog,nothing special,there was also a lurcher called Blade in the same yard,bullx believed to be a very good dog.