After The Jab!

had both my jills jabbed last week after arguing with the vet that they can be jabbed whilst in season for the last 2 months! Anyway they agreed to do it, but i'm worried that it hasn't worked, both gills are still swollen a week on, is this normal? I know what some of you are thinking, go to a new vet, well guess what, i've just moved to this one on recommendation after a number of problems with the last not treating my dogs appropriately! The money you pay you'd think you'd get a competent, helpful service!

Had mine done and took 2 weeks to go down. ive now got the problem that the are trying to mother one and other and pulling each aover about. someone mentioned putting them in with a vaced hob.

just out of curiosity how much did the jabs cost ?

as I have vaced hob cost me £60 cheaper elsewhere I know but I can use him year after year till he dies !!

just a thought as I still work him and don't have to pay every year for jabs

atb aaron

as I have vaced hob cost me £60 cheaper elsewhere I know but I can use him year after year till he dies !!

atb aaron

It cost £27 in total , £19 for consultation, and £8 for the jab (or thereabouts). Judging by some of the other threads, that's not too bad for 2 jills, but the receipt only has 1 ferret on it, so perhaps they made a mistake?

My plan is to get a vasectomised hob done in time for next year, just make sure they don't castrate the fella! I'd much prefer this method due to cost, and not jabbing the jills with chemicals. not enough forward planning on my part this year to have one ready to go.

And thanks for the other replies guys, put my mind at ease!

atb aaron

It cost £27 in total , £19 for consultation, and £8 for the jab (or thereabouts). Judging by some of the other threads, that's not too bad for 2 jills, but the receipt only has 1 ferret on it, so perhaps they made a mistake?

My plan is to get a vasectomised hob done in time for next year, just make sure they don't castrate the fella! I'd much prefer this method due to cost, and not jabbing the jills with chemicals. not enough forward planning on my part this year to have one ready to go.

And thanks for the other replies guys, put my mind at ease!

A vac hob is the only way to go mine cost me £50 three years ago

but saved that the first year with my 6 bitches and he has sorted

them out each year since .

They all come back into season after about a month so they have a return

visit and then all seems OK

Sam

Had mine done and took 2 weeks to go down. ive now got the problem that the are trying to mother one and other and pulling each aover about. someone mentioned putting them in with a vaced hob.

I hate this I have one that causes probs in the court for about a month

and that is after she has been with the vac hob

so while she is doing it I seperate her and the rest are quiet

I then have probs trying to reintroduce her to the others.

Sam