African Grey Advice Needed

Hi guys a friend of the family has a african grey he is 23 years old and is great with the kids but not great with the male of the house and work etc means hes not getting all the time he needs spent with him,so they are looking to rehome him i am interested in taking him and having him here as have lots of time.....but my question is if he dose not like males can you change this or will that just be they way it is with him...i am all for working on a problem but i am not into fighting a losing battle,i am trying to read up on it now but info seems to be conflicting so i would welcome any views on this thanks.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

they f***ing bite like terriers lol suppose when you think about it they can crack nuts with yon beak.i tried stabbing mine through the bars once.thats when i decided to get rid.f***ing bit me real ha

i bred them, and timney greys for 4 years leave it well alone jack they are nasty bitting likkel c**ts it wont change brother atb

Just wear your dress around the house, and he will be fine,   Fecking things live for odd years, so plenty of time to get to know him :-)

i had one the guy who had it before me had died,and it kept pulling all its feathers out.i took it but it was a b*****d drew blood from me a few times and kept hauling its feathers out,there f*****g weirdo birds imo great if alls well,any change they seem to go depressed and weird. oh and the f*****g mess and noise aswell lol im no expert btw, i precervered with him for a year,but it was doing ma nut in,. got shot of it. the guy who has it now,still gets bitten on the odd occasion. if you got the patience and commitment give it a go mate,but otherwie id stay clear of it.mybe see if a zoo or bird sanctuary place can take it.

• Like 1

If it does not like males it is probably a male and see's all males as competition. We have a DNA sexed female Guatamalan mealy amazon and she is not keen on the females in the house, she tolerates them but that is about it, where as I can do anything with her.

I would say that he would not change.

TC

• Like 1

mine hated women, it bit me a few times and it hurts

they can be temperamental at the best of times

it would act all coy when a woman went near it asking for a tickle

then when they thought it was cuddly he'd strike

me personally i'd leave well alone

they f***ing bite like terriers lol suppose when you think about it they can crack nuts with yon beak.i tried stabbing mine through the bars once.thats when i decided to get rid.f***ing bit me real hard wheni was changing its food and water.

• Like 3

they f*****g bite like terriers lol suppose when you think about it they can crack nuts with yon beak.i tried stabbing mine through the bars once.thats when i decided to get rid.f*****g bit me real hard wheni was changing its food and water.

Haha

Brilliant.

we had one! I mean had one not anymore lol the fuker flew behind the tv so big man here reached round to grab him!!

he bit me proper and attacked me the fukin thing, our local pub has him now but he is still a pissy bad tempered little bxstard

leave well alone I would.