1St Cross Track Greyhound With Bull Blood Questions

I have a couple questions in regards to a first cross pit male 20 inches tts over a track bitch grey 27/28 tts, just assume both dogs are average and are sound in temperament and body which they are,

This is a rare cross to do in Australia and I’d like to get a few questions answered keeping in mind fox hunting is legal in this country,

Id appreciate answers based on experience and not speculation no arguing just answer the questions please might save me wasting my time,

1. Average height of a first cross?
  2. Are they fast enough for a fox one out?
  3. How are they with stock and animal proofing?
  4. Are they prone to dog or people aggression (i work with off lead non-aggressive parsons bush and den) ?

Im basically after a point and shoot solo sight dog, doesn't have to be perfect just not after a problem dog, please dont suggest other breeds that you think would be more appropriate it wont assist with what im looking to understand

Id basically need reasonable positive feed back on all the questions to consider doing it I don’t like breeding and id like to not have to breed twice for at least a few years

Feel free to throw up first cross pics

Thanks guys

1. Average height of a first cross? out of the two you put up 24" 26"

2. Are they fast enough for a fox one out? yes they are

How are they with stock and animal proofing? same as any other dog teach them young

Are they prone to dog or people aggression (i work with off lead non-aggressive parsons bush and den) ? no there no aggressive to people or dogs they wont take shit from a dog also but tend not to start it hope this helps

• Like 7

3. How are they with stock and animal proofing? same as any other dog teach them young
  4. Are they prone to dog or people aggression (i work with off lead non-aggressive parsons bush and den) ? no there no aggressive to people or dogs they wont take shit from a dog also but tend not to start it hope this helps

What he just said, exactly. a very athletic, loyal sociable (if brought up properly), dog with a very good prey drive. Taught from an early age to respect and tolerate other dogs, same goes with stock, you really wont go far wrong with one imo.

• Like 1

3. How are they with stock and animal proofing? same as any other dog teach them young
  4. Are they prone to dog or people aggression (i work with off lead non-aggressive parsons bush and den) ? no there no aggressive to people or dogs they wont take shit from a dog also but tend not to start it hope this helps

That sounds about right. You cannot wish for a better dog. And if you give them a chance they also have a good brain.

agree 100% with what the others have said-but i was told the best way is to use a pit dam and running dog sire-then your pups have more chance of throwing to the running dog-this way round has produced some real machines for the lads i know that keep them :thumbs:

was always told the other way, have the dam the running dog , and the sire the other breed, as even though i know pups will be 50% / 50% they reckon alot of the pups go to the dam side .? dont know if its true .??

• Like 1

agree 100% with what the others have said-but i was told the best way is to use a pit dam and running dog sire-then your pups have more chance of throwing to the running dog-this way round has produced some real machines for the lads i know that keep them :thumbs:

Somebody done it that way local to me sire is saluki/greyhound put back to bull dam. To be honest they look to heavy to be of any use to me already ...

If your wanting a dog like that in Australia. been in hunting mags with write ups on breed an origin of blood lines. there is line bred bullgrey's 25 plus years of breeding, that they use for pigs, thicker skin, heaps of drive, constant look of dog, 26 inch to 28 inch. Be bit of an outlay to get a pup but would be cheaper with better results IMO. Pm if you want phone numbers