Airedale Terrier

I have a mate who works a redline in west yorkshire he as put six years of hard work into training buddy he is a fabuious worker keen as mustard .He as compared buddy to the german breeds that have past the working tests because he as been privaledged to see large munsterlanders german long coated pointers german wired working and the redlines has easily got the same prey drive as the aformentioned dogs the airedales ability to use its jacobsens organ to taste the air is fabulous to watch martin as been working buddy down here in lincolnshire with me for the past 5years and i think the dog is abrilliant dog martin would like to talk to anyone working kc airedales cheers dan

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Am I really the only person that works an Airedale? I got mine from a line of imported dogs: working stock from the USA. Can't fault her: drive, nose, toughness, temperament second to none: works alon

A pure bred KC reg English Airedale will usually sell for around £800 or £900.   Most of the working dog people who got a Redline Airedale from Ian were gifted the dog. Like I said before, he wante

This is jet my bushing terrier     This is buddy Martins redline airedale

Posted Images

Seeing Schuck, you wouldn't believe that she is half Airedale, but the nose, drive, and the need to get into a bramble is the same as her dam's. I usually spend all evening picking thorns out of her hide :D She's not fast, but fast enough to catch rabbits on the lamp and other stuff.

post-5156-0-32106800-1371905739.jpg

• Like 3

A good friend of mine bred his collie to his lakeland an believe it or not the pups are closer to airedales than any other breed in looks one is like a red smoother airedale you see in pics from abroad an the other is a blue merle an tan lol the whole litter seem to be impressing everybody that gets out with them. Wil you be breeding off yous skycat?

A good friend of mine bred his collie to his lakeland an believe it or not the pups are closer to airedales than any other breed in looks one is like a red smoother airedale you see in pics from abroad an the other is a blue merle an tan lol the whole litter seem to be impressing everybody that gets out with them. Wil you be breeding off yous skycat?

How are them pups getting on ?

Which? The Airedale or her lurcher daughter?

I remember them,glad they are going well,be interesting to know what their like next year ;)

She looks a cracker penny. The thing I like about your airdale is that it also has the ability to kill any vermin that it stumbles across. I really fancy a spaniel for bushing, and also retrieving as I do a bit of shooting, not game but Rimfire and rough shooting. But I offen wonder how a spaniel would react if it bumped into a fox in cover and got bit?

A fox will usually always run away from any dog, if the opportunity is there for it to do so, so I wouldn't worry about it.. :thumbs: A bloke I know used to flush foxes from cover to the gun with a border terrier and a springer spaniel, they used to work well together. Think about how many working springers there are out in the UK, they wouldn't be so popular if they couldn't at least handle the occasional encounter with a fox now and again! :laugh::thumbs:

I remember them,glad they are going well,be interesting to know what their like next year ;)

Ill try and get some pics of them next time I see them a few folk have asked about them

I meant the airedale sorry. To another airdale

If I knew enough sensible people would take a pup on, then yes, but the last time I enquired when I was trying to persuade Ian (the original breeder/importer) we could only come up with 4 definites: and you know how 'definites' have a habit of disappearing when the time comes to take a pup. I would love to breed a litter of Airedales from her, but the last two litters of lurchers I bred didn't all end up (eventually) in the type of homes I'd have liked. I wouldn't be happy to hear of a pup passed on by its first birthday because the owners didn't have time/changed jobs/got divorced etc etc. I know you can never say anything is for ever, but I don't like thinking that I may have had some part in putting yet more dogs on the pass-around treadmill.

If I could get enough genuine, vouched for, dedicated dog men and women who really wanted a working bred Airedale above all else, then maybe.

• Like 2