Airedale Terrier

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Am I really the only person that works an Airedale? I got mine from a line of imported dogs: working stock from the USA. Can't fault her: drive, nose, toughness, temperament second to none: works alon

A pure bred KC reg English Airedale will usually sell for around £800 or £900.   Most of the working dog people who got a Redline Airedale from Ian were gifted the dog. Like I said before, he wante

This is jet my bushing terrier     This is buddy Martins redline airedale

Posted Images

Gday i have show bred Airedales here and that is [BANNED TEXT] i use them for . fox and rabbits putting up for my deerhound cross staghound i mainly hunt thick grass and bush and bit of rock .. love the Airedales great dogs.. mine maybe not as goods as a working lines but they do the job for me cheers Mark

She looks a cracker penny. The thing I like about your airdale is that it also has the ability to kill any vermin that it stumbles across. I really fancy a spaniel for bushing, and also retrieving as I do a bit of shooting, not game but Rimfire and rough shooting. But I offen wonder how a spaniel would react if it bumped into a fox in cover and got bit?

Biggest drawback in my Airedale is her shape: although her sire stood at 25", long legged, and her dam only slightly smaller, but also long legged, one quarter of her lineage was a shorter, more heavily built type of dog: she has thrown back to that type. Not a problem in cover at all, but she's not exactly the fastest thing on four legs. Works all day, tremendous stamina, but I would have preferred the more leggy type if I'm honest. But then again, maybe it wouldn't have had her tremendous brain power: who's to say!

Am I really the only person that works an Airedale? I got mine from a line of imported dogs: working stock from the USA. Can't fault her: drive, nose, toughness, temperament second to none: works alone or with other dogs. Just wish I was in a position to get another one, but I wouldn't be able to do it justice these days. I haven't heard of anyone working KC English dogs.

attachicon.gifdill-homing-in-on-scent.jpg

Retrieves anything from anywhere, even tiny rabbits. Very soft mouthed on tender game, jaws like a gin trap on some things.

attachicon.gifdill-bringing-baby-rabbit-f.jpg

do the owners of your dogs sire and dam work their dogs penny?

Do they swim,Or retreive from water penny???

Yes, retrieves anything from water: compulsive retriever. Only been out on flight ponds a couple of times but took to it like the proverbial duck to water: even going under brambles and overhanging banks to find a wounded duck.

Am I really the only person that works an Airedale? I got mine from a line of imported dogs: working stock from the USA. Can't fault her: drive, nose, toughness, temperament second to none: works alone or with other dogs. Just wish I was in a position to get another one, but I wouldn't be able to do it justice these days. I haven't heard of anyone working KC English dogs.

Retrieves anything from anywhere, even tiny rabbits. Very soft mouthed on tender game, jaws like a gin trap on some things.

He used to, in Canada, but has been in poor health for a long time now. He brought 4 Airedales back to the UK with him. He owns both dam and sire. He wanted to reinstate the working Airedale in its country of origin. I think there must be a fair few working Dales from his lines, but the owners don't come on here. I remember seeing someone in Ireland had a litter a few years ago and said they were Redline Airedales, which is what this type are called. Also think there are some people up north working them as part of mixed fox packs.

He used to, in Canada, but has been in poor health for a long time now. He brought 4 Airedales back to the UK with him. He owns both dam and sire. He wanted to reinstate the working Airedale in its country of origin. I think there must be a fair few working Dales from his lines, but the owners don't come on here. I remember seeing someone in Ireland had a litter a few years ago and said they were Redline Airedales, which is what this type are called. Also think there are some people up north working them as part of mixed fox packs.

:thumbs: ive read bits on redline airedales and used to enjoy the articles on airedales by henry johnson in edrd.

Theres a guy local to me who hunts a pure airdale and ive heard it second hand that its fair, this is also from the import stuff

We have been hunting airdale crossed lurchers for the past eight or so years and i have one at the moment thats got just a shot in but you can tell its there

the airdale seems to give a very tough element to running dogs (hardy) and a great nose with a very positive mark

and willingness to enter bramble to flush game

atb 2.8

• Like 1