Can You Shed Some Light. Local Police Refuse Me Local Gun Club

,maybe one or two of us have hit the nail on the head and now he is embarrassed, fair play but why ask in the first place?

Yeah but no-one knows who he is on the internet anyway and he wouldn't be the 1st or the last to have licensing issues. Bringing them out in the open at least lets people advise on the best course of action and whether or not there's any chance of either challenging the refusal or getting a licence in the future,

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some things not right that's a fact, and if that's the case, for once I am the side of the police,

Just a word of warning on this, the BASC generally won't help with any issue that started BEFORE the membership did. Don't know about SACS but I imagine thats the same.   That said, SACS is well wor

Please correct me if I am wrong, if you go down the Crown Court road then the loser pays fees which can be a few quid.....?   Cheers...

Well could the OP please respond and enlighten us then?My money is on the domestic incident scenario, having said that, if they are asking you to pay a fee for a disclosure, it does suggest that you have a dark spector lurking in the shadows!

i am currently fighting in court for custody of my children as my ex put the into care

well where to start i recently applied for a membership at my local small bore rifle and air gun club so i signed the relevant forms date them name address previous address all the usual stuff you know they sent it to Dorset police i get a kind phone call from the guy at the club saying Dorset police have advised they don't allow me membership how ever i have no criminal history/ background so why the refusal

ps im going through the courts to fight for custody of my ex's childeren

I know this sounds awkward, but you clearly said fighting for the custody of your ex's children I ask the question again are they not yours as well?????If they were my kids and not her's, they wouldn't be a fight simple as, the kids would be with there paternal parent me, so something is not right, if you look for advice on here mate it pays to give the whole facts and circumstances,that's twofould how can people advice you impartially/correctly with half the story,

basically me and my ex split nearly 2 1/2 years ago she struggled to cope and was putting the 3 kids in danger my youngest daughter who is no coming up 4 ran in between 2 parked cars and was nearly struck by a police car the police took the children back to the family home where the mother had no idea they were out the house the police contacted social services who in turn got in contact with my ex partner 1 1/2 years ago she put the in care and said that she couldn't cope anymore as i have a new partner who has 2 daughters an we also have 1 together so they are saying that we would not cope with 6 childeren in the house hold hence the expression fighting for the children as social services are putting the children up for adoption

Now that I/we know that, then it is more than likely the reason they have decided to advise against you at this time.

You may have done nothing wrong criminally, but there is the potential for your involvement with firearms to intervene in your fight for your children, which is something that police will take very seriously, any instability in family affairs.

That's what my bet would be on ;)

Good luck

Now that I/we know that, then it is more than likely the reason they have decided to advise against you at this time.

You may have done nothing wrong criminally, but there is the potential for your involvement with firearms to intervene in your fight for your children, which is something that police will take very seriously, any instability in family affairs.

That's what my bet would be on ;)

Good luck

I agree. 6 kids, 2 women, social services and potential adopters of children all involved. Certainly doesn't sound a "stable environment" to have firearms knocking around in.

Maybe get yourself sorted and try again in 12 months?

• Like 1

I concur. As Social Services are putting your children up for adoption against your will the police will be worried you might want to use the firearms to try to take the children back using force or exact revenge against the social workers.

My advice would be sort all of the paternity stuff out. Then wait at least a year after it has settled down before re-applying so there's some evidence you've accepted the new situation before re-applying.

If on the other hand you win custody and get awarded all of the children, you could perhaps re-apply in 6 months following the custody award, as this time its more in your favour, although again a year would be better.

• Like 1

il just keep trying to get a permission at least then i well have some where legal to enjoy my sport and a big thanks goes out to eveyone that has read this post asked questions rather than being judgmental to get the full picture and once again thanks

kind regards adam