Can You Shed Some Light. Local Police Refuse Me Local Gun Club

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some things not right that's a fact, and if that's the case, for once I am the side of the police,

Just a word of warning on this, the BASC generally won't help with any issue that started BEFORE the membership did. Don't know about SACS but I imagine thats the same.   That said, SACS is well wor

Please correct me if I am wrong, if you go down the Crown Court road then the loser pays fees which can be a few quid.....?   Cheers...

What a load of shit! How can they stop you from pursuing a perfectly legal hobby because of your home situation?

they just can mate. My friend had an argument with his missis, she'd had 3 bottles of wine, ended up neighbours coming round, continued in the street. police turned up. She told the coppers he'd hit her, even though there was no evidence, he was sober and she was ruined, and not a mark on her, they locked him up for 'her safety' even the copper said it was ridiculous but they couldn't leave him there. Then while the investigation was ongoing, emptied his gun cabinet. Shite but thats just the way they deal with things.

What a load of shit! How can they stop you from pursuing a perfectly legal hobby because of your home situation?

Well you have to look at facts, not feelings when it comes to guns. If those facts show an unstable family life which in the past has resulted in so many domestic murders, would you consider saying "Yes, he's perfectly fine" to own or become skilled with firearms.

Ultimately, the OP hasn't got a bad history, just happens to be that his current state of affairs isn't ideal for owning firearms, nothing to say when things calm down he can't pursue his hobby again.

• 3 years later...

If they knew he was going through a divorce I bet they'd use that against him. There are enough examples of people having their guns taken away from them in that situation even though they have no legal right to do so.

I hadnt long split from a seven yr relationship

• 1 month later...

what would be better sacs or basc

Just a word of warning on this, the BASC generally won't help with any issue that started BEFORE the membership did. Don't know about SACS but I imagine thats the same.

That said, SACS is well worth joining if you get this sorted.

Just wondering, have the police ever had a call out to a domestic between you and your ex even if no-one was charged?

True! But even that's now being manipulated. I joined BASC I made a shot gun application and got denied. They said we cant help you as this happened before I joined. Turns out they was incorrect as I joined first. They then said I knew I would be denied that's why I joined. and his comparison was "nobody would let a motorist claim after he has crashed" Is that not why you get insurance, in case you crash?