Can You Shed Some Light. Local Police Refuse Me Local Gun Club

well where to start i recently applied for a membership at my local small bore rifle and air gun club so i signed the relevant forms date them name address previous address all the usual stuff you know they sent it to Dorset police i get a kind phone call from the guy at the club saying Dorset police have advised they don't allow me membership how ever i have no criminal history/ background so why the refusal

ps im going through the courts to fight for custody of my ex's childeren

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some things not right that's a fact, and if that's the case, for once I am the side of the police,

Just a word of warning on this, the BASC generally won't help with any issue that started BEFORE the membership did. Don't know about SACS but I imagine thats the same.   That said, SACS is well wor

Please correct me if I am wrong, if you go down the Crown Court road then the loser pays fees which can be a few quid.....?   Cheers...

well where to start i recently applied for a membership at my local small bore rifle and air gun club so i signed the relevant forms date them name address previous address all the usual stuff you know they sent it to Dorset police i get a kind phone call from the guy at the club saying Dorset police have advised they don't allow me membership how ever i have no criminal history/ background so why the refusal

ps im going through the courts to fight for custody of my ex's childeren

ring the police and ask them, or if your a member of SAC`s BASC ect give them a ring

well rang dorset firearms this morning to be told i have to ring the disclosure unit so i phoned them they said i need to fill out a sa1 and sa1/1 with a £10.00 fee to get a copy of what ever they may or in this case not hold about be so this still doesnt help in getting my rifle club membership

well rang dorset firearms this morning to be told i have to ring the disclosure unit so i phoned them they said i need to fill out a sa1 and sa1/1 with a £10.00 fee to get a copy of what ever they may or in this case not hold about be so this still doesnt help in getting my rifle club membership

https://www.gov.uk/make-a-freedom-of-information-request/organisations-you-can-request-information-from

• 4 weeks later...

what would be better sacs or basc

Just a word of warning on this, the BASC generally won't help with any issue that started BEFORE the membership did. Don't know about SACS but I imagine thats the same.

That said, SACS is well worth joining if you get this sorted.

Just wondering, have the police ever had a call out to a domestic between you and your ex even if no-one was charged?

Edited by Alsone
  • Like 1

what would be better sacs or basc

Just a word of warning on this, the BASC generally won't help with any issue that started BEFORE the membership did. Don't know about SACS but I imagine thats the same.

That said, SACS is well worth joining if you get this sorted.

Just wondering, have the police ever had a call out to a domestic between you and your ex even if no-one was charged?

Now that Is just what I was thinking, I would imagine (assuming you are not withholding something from us) that the police feel that if you had access to firearms you may be a danger to your ex, that is really all it can be, unless as I said you have a skeleton hiding in the closet?