Get stuffed!

"Taxidermy: Stuff The World". Documentary going behind the scenes of this years Taxidermy Championships in Illinois. Tonight BBC2 at 9.00pm, for a good hour and a half. Read-ups are good, especially the one in the anti paper "The Mirror". The critic was trembling with rage! C*nt!! :realmad: I'm off to check my traps. :ph34r:

I'll eat a little humble pie now. That Mirror critic was quite right in his condemation. Those trophy hunters/taxidermists take it to another level. The trap set to take the beautiful Leopard, to be stuffed...words fail me. :no:

Guest gaspode

i just spent the hour before it filleting woodie :ph34r: and i found the proig a little strong for network tv justy more fuel for the anti's :no:

although i would adopt the wee girl she's a better shot than me....lol :ph34r: an probly wouldn't have taken an hour to fillet those woodys :11:

Guest Corkonian

Why not shoot the leopard Cragman????????

Love to know just how much it cost him - even looking around the net at some of the best prices for Africa I wouldn't be able to afford to shoot the bait he used :no:

Guest Corkonian

One of us obviously is anyway Stevie - People in the UK took the same attitude as that about the fox, deer, hare etc. - through nothing other than pure ignorance - and look what's happened.

Paying thousands upon thousands for the slim chance of bagging a leopard from a managed game reserve in a poverty stricken country - benefits everyone including the animals - and that's not the usual bullshit rhetoric - it's the simple truth.

I don't think some of our sensibilities or what some of us may consider 'cute' (?) really matters a f**k!

It's just pure hypocrisy for anyone on this site to think or at least express otherwise in all fairness!!!!!!!!!

Why not shoot the leopard Cragman????????

It wasn't so much the shooting of the Leopard, (in fact I didn't mention the word "shooting"), it was the manner in which it was done. And then the fat tw*t shot a lioness first off by mistake! No stalk or not much of one, no assessment of the animal to be taken, then they sat around waiting for the beast to arrive. No, it didn't suit me. Can't argue that the money men are boosting business though. To stand there grinning saying it completes his life long quest for a Leopard....that nine year old could have done the same as that guy. JMHO.

Guest Stevie D

Sorry Corky, I just don't see how killing half a dozen gazelle, a lion, a leopard a monkey and god knows what else , could be justified there. If you're saying that was on a managed reserve, I would have thought they would have been a bit more selective when the loin copped it. It looked like a free for all. As for the money, strange how the "professional"(f*ckin clueless) hunter was the white guy, who would, no doubt be getting a wad. I've worked over there mate, most of the locals still get a pittance. If the cash was going back into communities, then fine, but it's still totallly corrupt. As far as I'm concerned neither conservation nor the well being of the poor was an issue there. JMO.

Stevie

Guest Corkonian

Sorry lads - got in late and missed the start of the programme - didn't see the lion being shot :icon_redface: I'm some ignorant ****** :no::)

I'd love to get over there still though - when I win the lotto.

On the link I posted a lion hunt would cost nearly twice the price of a leopard hunt???????