Going Fac Air

Hi to all, first post on this forum.

I'm going fac air and looking for a light weight rifle. The gunpower stealth/storm is one option, and I know you either love or hate em, but has anyone got/had one, especially if fac.

They seem very simple mechanically, and the large air capacity is a bonus, plus very light.

Any other suggestions appreciated.

Cheers Ian.

Buy a rim fire for the fac then buy a sub 12 silky smooth springer that will make you love it.

I've got the lot from deer guns to hmr and lr and they are all piss boring compared to my springers which are all brilliant in their own ways.

The other guns are tools and although i love hunting with them nowt beats setting up my targets and getting into the springer zone.

Here's a new saying, if everyone owned and shot a springer regularly there would be no shrinks in the world.

Jus saying like.

• Like 2

My mate has a Gunpower Storm in .22 that was shooting at 35.6ftlb, very accurate! and we chrono'd it over 10 shots with a varation of 17.6fps over a string of 10 shots.

Cant comment on any others as this is the only FAC air rifle i have seen mate.

Atb Mike

Thanks mike the Storm has an 18'' barrel I believe, which should increase the already good shot count, and possibly accuracy. What sort of ranges is he getting results at, ( if he is shooting rabbits etc.)

I was considering getting a sub 12 and having it upgraded if there was nothing in fac for sale, did your mate have his modded for fac.

The AA 4-10 was another contender, especially with variable power adj, but I do like the quirkiness plus the simplicity of the Gunpower range.

Rimfire definately out as I have several footpaths/ bridleways that get regular use being near town

Ian

Thanks mike the Storm has an 18'' barrel I believe, which should increase the already good shot count, and possibly accuracy. What sort of ranges is he getting results at, ( if he is shooting rabbits etc.)

I was considering getting a sub 12 and having it upgraded if there was nothing in fac for sale, did your mate have his modded for fac.

The AA 4-10 was another contender, especially with variable power adj, but I do like the quirkiness plus the simplicity of the Gunpower range.

Rimfire definately out as I have several footpaths/ bridleways that get regular use being near town

Ian

He has it zeroed at 75 yards as this is his preferred distance to shoot rabbits, so it should be good for abit further as we were shooting at 75 yards (laserd) and i was very surprised how tight the groups were! well his groups not mine haha! :icon_redface: and i cant comment on weather it was modded or purchased as a FAC as im not sure! Definitely good guns tho, i would have never considered owning one myself before i had a go with one tho as i prefer a wooden stock myself but if i see one at a good price i will definitely consider one! but only under 12ftlb for me tho! :laugh: and if your going for a FAC rifle Personally i would prefer a rifle with a bottle for a better shot count but the AA is a beautiful gun IMO :thumbs:

Wont go wrong with ether mate!

ATB Mike

This is something I've struggled to understand to be honest, why would you want to go down the FAC Air route when you may as well apply for Rim Fire ?

Surely you cover most angles with a Sub 12ft Air for built up or livestock heavy areas and a Rim Fire for long range heavy hitting control on the lamp. :hmm:

• Like 1

This is something I've struggled to understand to be honest, why would you want to go down the FAC Air route when you may as well apply for Rim Fire ?

Surely you cover most angles with a Sub 12ft Air for built up or livestock heavy areas and a Rim Fire for long range heavy hitting control on the lamp. :hmm:

Fac air has its place, I'd be happy to shoot to 80 yards on a still day no problem witch I wouldn't dream of with a sub 12. This might not be a vast improvement on sub 12 but the extra bit of range often means extra bunnies in the bag on open fields. also it's a bit safer ricochet wise as on one of my permissions the soil has quite a bit of flint on the surface and theres a village a few hundread yards away I would rather use fac air to be a bit safer. That and the love of airguns

As I said earlier, rimfire is not on due to footpaths and bridleways well used on the perm.

I'm getting great results with my Falcon Lighthunter fn12 at up to 30m, but theres lots of areas where I cant get that close so I want 50+ yds with a flatter trajectory and good stopping power if not bang on the kill zone.

Ian.

There is always a discussion on if fac air then why not rim-fire but I have hunted and vermin controlled with my falcon fn19 for 4 years now and it is so quiet you can take shot after shot with out alarming the other game and no ricochet or very little rather and easy to work on your self as well.

Well my fac ticket came through the letterbox today, so I can start looking in earnest for the new gun.

The more I look at the Stealth/Storm the more I'm liking them. The weight doesnt seem to be much more than my FN12

Lighthunter, which I will be sad to let go, It's a fantastic little rifle you can carry around for hours and not notice the weight.

It's a pity the stealth is only single shot, but hopefully thats all it should need at say 30 ft/lb to do the biz.