• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've seen similar advice several times and always scratch my head when I see it. If your lucky enough to get a fox into a trap once then catch him. Why would you get him into the trap several times a

have the cage trap as large as possible around 6ft is good, bury the bottom of the cage under soil, if its a double entry leave both entries up,even if a single entry, leave them open for a few days

Most effective bait I've tried is pigeon. At least round here it is.

Posted Images

have the cage trap as large as possible around 6ft is good, bury the bottom of the cage under soil, if its a double entry leave both entries up,even if a single entry, leave them open for a few days baited so the foxes can take the bait with no problems, then after a week or so set the trap to spring when bait gets taken, hope this helps fts

• Like 1

have the cage trap as large as possible around 6ft is good, bury the bottom of the cage under soil, if its a double entry leave both entries up,even if a single entry, leave them open for a few days baited so the foxes can take the bait with no problems, then after a week or so set the trap to spring when bait gets taken, hope this helps fts

I've seen similar advice several times and always scratch my head when I see it.

If your lucky enough to get a fox into a trap once then catch him. Why would you get him into the trap several times and then decide to trap him ????

Think about it ????

• Like 3

Rather than tying the door up and letting the fox take the bait for a while then setting it properly ,,just put a chicken at the front of the trap then one in the middle then one behind the tredle.This means the fox will be used to going near the trap then when it goes for the last chicken.TRAPPED!!!!!!

I've had a lot of foxes eating the bait through the bars, so I lean a paving slab round the 3 sides at the end. :thumbs:

Personally I don't believe in trying to entice them in over a few days as I think they will either go in or they won't. Last year I had 3 in 3 mornings, and if I'd used the other method, I would only have had one.

also ive removed the treddle system and put a pulley and pin so when the bait is pulled it pulls he pin and drops the door ,foxes can reach over treddle as they are not lke cats and tend to stay away from peddled plates etc

I've seen similar advice several times and always scratch my head when I see it.

If your lucky enough to get a fox into a trap once then catch him. Why would you get him into the trap several times and then decide to trap him ????

Think about it ????

Never understood it myself i would always have the trap set ready to catch the very first time it enters

I use mackerel tied at the back of the trap hanging at the foxes head height