Mora Carbon Knife

you have to feel it..do it..weep and do it all over again, then one time it hits the sweet spot and from there you sort of get better the more you do it.

get a really cheep steel knife and a cheap stone or file..presuming you can see the edge of course.

for a visual on it, ever seen a chisel sharpened on a stone? the chamfer is the angle so its really easy to slide the flat edge along the stone.(sort of sets a musstle memory thing up)

after, doing a knife is like guestimating the angle you want on the edge then doing it over and over untill your fingers stregnthenup and you hold it in the same posision each stroke..

a file is 'easier' to see what angle your getting, then if you can feel the flats of the edge its like a delicate 'feely' version of the chisel.

• Like 1

I've never tried a file on knives, I'm old fashioned and use a stone, used to use an oil stone now I use a japanese water stone, medium on one side and fine on the other. As long as you make sure you do each side of the knife the same amount of strokes eventually you'll get it nice and sharp.

Scandi grinds are about the easiest to sharpen since you pretty much just need to hold the cutting edge flat to the stone.

If anybody help sharpening a knife then give me a shout at the meet, I can usually save a knife but guarantee nowt...

• Like 1

contact terrierman sam on here bud

his farthers company makes the blade tech sharpeners great tools tbh

atb aaron

Thanks Aaron but by what I can gather the bevile on the Mora blade won't suit the blade tech sharpener? Edited by Elliott

i used one of them bladetech sharpeners on my mora for 2 seasons and it kept it SHARP!

im no knife technician...all i know is it worked...

and ill be buying another at the next gamefair i see them at...

i lost the baastard!

I've never tried a file on knives, I'm old fashioned and use a stone, used to use an oil stone now I use a japanese water stone, medium on one side and fine on the other. As long as you make sure you do each side of the knife the same amount of strokes eventually you'll get it nice and sharp.

Scandi grinds are about the easiest to sharpen since you pretty much just need to hold the cutting edge flat to the stone.

If anybody help sharpening a knife then give me a shout at the meet, I can usually save a knife but guarantee nowt...

i used to love a steeler in my younger days, but the wear n tear put pay to that, it feckin recks nowadays lol

contact terrierman sam on here bud

his farthers company makes the blade tech sharpeners great tools tbh

atb aaron

Thanks Aaron but by what I can gather the bevile on the Mora blade won't suit the blade tech sharpener?

no worries mate, i use them on all my knives in the kitchen, field knives etc. even the garden shears

atb aaron