What Makes A Good Diging Dog

What makes a good digin dog cos everybody tells me its all about the breadin! But I have to disagree cos I brought a little lakelandx patterdal bitch 3 years ago an it was a pet at the time never seen anythin an its bin the best digin dog iv ever owned.

Your best digin dog may not be a lot of peoples best digging dog

• Like 1

What makes a good digin dog cos everybody tells me its all about the breadin! But I have to disagree cos I brought a little lakelandx patterdal bitch 3 years ago an it was a pet at the time never seen '''''anythin an its bin the best digin dog iv ever owned.

Your best digin dog may not be a lot of peoples best digging dog
an there best digin dogs mite not be [BANNED TEXT] I cal a good digin dog iv read all the post an everybody as there own standards of a good digin dog an there own way of digin. Atb to all of you tho an happy digin to you all
  • Like 1

A good digging dog is something that can be used regularly, you need a steady type that knows how much pressure to put on, why keep something that gets used once and is out of it for a month. When your out 3 times a week through the season you have to keep steady types or you end up having to kennel 20 plus dogs! Other main attributes are good nose, to stay all day if they have to, manners - quiet on the hole when not used/ no fighting with others. And not over searching - fair enough have a look round but when they keep going round wanting something to be there for hours on end is a real fault and a nuisance

• Like 1

What makes a good digin dog cos everybody tells me its all about the breadin! But I have to disagree cos I brought a little lakelandx patterdal bitch 3 years ago an it was a pet at the time never seen anythin an its bin the best digin dog iv ever owned.

So thats what Ive been doing wrong! Damn those working backgrounds.

• Like 1

Well to me my type of dog id like to dig to for a start enter lol mix it up with it and put him under pressure to bolt or go to a blocked end in which case dont give the quarry an inch and and mix it up with him and keep him put and dont get pushed around and stay all day jabbing away at its quarry jab jab jab to I brake through which then its job il be done

Maybe this little pet was bred out of good digging dogs.