The Skinning After An Evenings 3

Well I got round to skinning the rabbit and pheasants, every morning or afternoon if I get up early to work my little one asks if I got anything, if I have been successful I tend to say, go check the hanging rack if I haven't yet skinned them.

Normally he helps and unfortunately over here with the fire arms laws I'm more reluctant to let him have a go, was easier on the mainland, I can't wait till he's just a little bit older so I can start showing him the ropes properly....

He had great fun and its the first time he has properly done his own rabbit, he was massively intrigued with the pheasants crop and was asking me all about the bits of the bird, why I threw away the long snake thing(intestines) but kept the wavey red thing(liver), checking it for white spots, it's great for him to know where his food comes from and stuff like bacon he knows comes from a pig and just how it is done.

null-33.jpg

null-32.jpg

null-31.jpg

null-34.jpg

null-30.jpg

To say I'm proud is an understatement

All the best

Craig

• Like 7

Well done buddy, I think its important for kids to learn such things early on! Its the wife I'm struggling to educate on hunting and eating shot game! She is of the opinion food grows in plastic containers at the supermarket! Lol

• Like 2

good lad! :thumbs: he is like me when i was a nipper. as soon as i could walk i was out with my dad and shotgun and ferrets. you couldnt get me away from ducks, rabbits etc that where in kitchen ready to be skinned or plucked. and on the odd occasion he went with out me, i used to be sulking for days haha :laugh:

He really enjoys it, which is great to have. It will be great to take him out but he is just a bit to young to quite grasp the hunting side, but I reckon a year and he will start coming with me, until then he can prep the meat. He has his own fold away knife which gets locked away in the gun cabinet and its something small he can start to look after....