Big Thanks To " Djh60 " .....

:boogy: Trap was waiting for me, today. Extremely well wrapped up and labelled.

I unwrapped it right there and everyone was fascinated by it. I was actually getting fed up with constantly having to repeat to someone else how and why I had it built as I did :D

I'll give it a damn good sloshing, or three, of green preservative, before I use it. It's gonna kill me, waiting so long! But, I want to keep it safe from the weather and damp ground.

Must say, D; I'm totally impressed not only with your craftsmanship there. But the little crafy bits like the self setting mechanism and the spring and lock. All bloody clever stuff!

I'm confident I'll be catching a good range of stuff in this one. And, with that sliding side, getting them out for processing will be a doddle. Absolute minimum of stress :yes:

Anyone wanting a reminder of what I bought? Click Here.

Expect updates as I start using this beauty! :toast:

• Like 1

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I never post because I havent really got anything to contribute just wanted to say how much I enjoy reading your posts OP, between you Millet and fireman you've made this one of the best sections on t

I'll second that for sure and perfect words OP,i couldn't think of how to put it.

Thanks Pete i find the water based stuff you put on fences watered down in one of those garden spray bottles is a good quick way to preserve it i like dark gree but thats just my personnel choice hope it does the job for you.

Regads

dean

Slavered it with exactly that, an hour or so ago, D. I'll give it two or three 'coats'. Then, I might go all out and just poke and scratch it, here and there, with the dark brown.

I use this effect on my nest boxes. Of course, for that real SAS look, one should take a black permanent marker to it and just add some streaks of 'shadow'. Then wonder where ye've put the damn thing and tread on it! :laugh:

Interestingly ~ and I don't feel I'm giving away too 'privileged' a bit of information here? The official book suggests Black paint seems to 'disguise' traps best. Interesting. I'd like further input on that statement.

Virtually all the traps (of all sorts and for all target creatures) I've handled have been uncoloured. Or 'Dark Green'. Black? Only on traps made to be buried.

I'll show ye my one in action, no doubt :good:

:laugh: He'll have a wet fetish if he gets caught :icon_eek:.

I live in the very back end of beyond. No one (In their right mind) would come near my place, if they knew it was here.

I trap in view of the window I'm sat by. And I use my new Trap Cage, from Dean, out the back door. It's nice, just standing and watching them, one after the other. Mug of tea and peer at them in alternating, five minute shifts :)

I've got quite a collection of small bird traps. My Potter's and this custom Trap Cage are my favourites though.

Damn, Fireman! Now you've spoiled our sport! :laugh: We were talking about this, in the Chat Room; I don't believe this would have been the first time " Para1 " had dropped in, feet first, with an assumption.

Note how he didn't simply say; " Hey, Pete; Are you licensed? " To which I'd have replied; " Yep :yes: "

Ian B's more than welcome to see a scan of my Permit, any time. He can then, at his discretion, reassure doubters, by request.

Me? I just love birds.

• Like 1

:boogy: Here we go, Dean! Just looked out there, having sent in my figures for the day, and she's fired! Female Greenie.

GreenieFemale_zpsb7e6d761.jpg

Processed her, perfectly safely. She flew off strongly. I fed my Dogs and went up to feed my horses.

Came back. Looked over my shoulder. She's fired again!!! :icon_eek: I'm like; 'Get to f**k! It's a misfire! ..... Surely to god?!'

GreenieMale_zpsba74bf4f.jpg

Was it f**k!!! She obviously showed her mate the Bling and he said; " Where'd ye get that?! " :laugh:

• Like 1