Teckels .....

I hope I've spelled it right? (Nope but i've edited it for you, B11 :D ) The working version of the Dachshund things anyway.

One of the lads I know on here's got one. I've seen a lot of film of this thing in action. It's f**king mental! :icon_eek:

He puts a cow bell on its collar and off it f**ks! Goes charging into the undergrowth and starts screaming and shouting when it hits a scent.

Absolutely f**king raving, this thing is! It seems sort of like a Sausage Dog / Dachshund, as we'd know it. Crossed with maybe, a Beagle. Then a charge of Pit Bull put in there!

I've seen private footage of this dog doing his bit against something with tooth and claw. He brings it :yes:

If I had my time over again? I'd be straight amongst these things. Perhaps a bit noisy for sneaking a rabbit from the Vicarage garden?

But, for a bit of balls out, let's go native, who gives a f**k mayhem? Certainly one worthy of consideration in the gang!

• Like 1

I don't know much about 'em Pete but my mate has been looking to use a stud dog on his mini bushing mutts, maybe i'll take one of these an give it a go (without a cow bell..!!).

I've been looking to get a busher on for a bit now but many seem saturated with beagle blood, not that there is anything wrong with that, just for me and what i've seen, they seem to work too far away for my needs. Maybe if I had more experience with the type I could get 'em to work closer but...

I need sommat to work close, as most of the time i'l be out on my own and 'strolling' along.

Running hell for leather after a ultra keen, leggy busher, 3 fields away, putting up ten ton of gear i'll never see, at my age... Not a chance..!!

Bosun; From what I could garner from between the lines there? I'm not sure a Tekkel would be for you either, mate. This guys a young lad. Fit as f**k and has legs about sit foot long. He walks up one side of a mountain and down the other, just to get to the next one! :icon_eek: His photo's knacker me!

And that cow bell's there for a reason. Dark little dog vanishing into the undergrowth? If it doesn't start shouting then it could be anywhere. I've no indication that they're in any way inclined to 'Hunt Close' either.

Probably best you talk to people who work them. Or, better still, get out with them and see for yourself.

This lad's a bit distracted with his home life, at the moment. Don't know if I could even get his attention if I slapped his head! Misty eyed f**ker! :laugh: I'll have a look, later on though. See if I can find any of his stuff on public view.

Crazy little dog. I'd love one. But, I have absolutely no use for one here and I'd probably have a cardiac the first time I let it off a lead and tried to follow it! :D

Guest thebigdog

Bosun; From what I could garner from between the lines there? I'm not sure a Tekkel would be for you either, mate. This guys a young lad. Fit as f**k and has legs about sit foot long. He walks up one side of a mountain and down the other, just to get to the next one! :icon_eek: His photo's knacker me!

And that cow bell's there for a reason. Dark little dog vanishing into the undergrowth? If it doesn't start shouting then it could be anywhere. I've no indication that they're in any way inclined to 'Hunt Close' either.

Probably best you talk to people who work them. Or, better still, get out with them and see for yourself.

This lad's a bit distracted with his home life, at the moment. Don't know if I could even get his attention if I slapped his head! Misty eyed f**ker! :laugh: I'll have a look, later on though. See if I can find any of his stuff on public view.

Crazy little dog. I'd love one. But, I have absolutely no use for one here and I'd probably have a cardiac the first time I let it off a lead and tried to follow it! :D

is he on colliecurs as conn? an irish lad?

Somebody put a youtube link up a few months back now showing the 'continentals' working their teckels on large game to the rifle. From what I recall, a deerstalker looking chap quietly approached a wood then loosed his teckel which promptly legged it (with a speed that defied it's stature) and screamed like hell through the mature woodland eventually flushing a roe which was shot by the rifleman.

Tbh I've been quite impressed with the videos I've seen, they seem cracking little hounds and very capable, though I'd say a spaniel would be better suited to most in the UK.

Guest foxpack

seen some good teckles at shropshire game fair many moons ago.my mate ended up with 2 off nick valentine.good rabbiting dogs ,bit slow for the fox work and not agile enough through tough woods etc.not knocking the dogs 1 bit ,but where we hunted was a lot of fallen trees ,dry stone walls etc and the teckles struggled a bit.he used the best teckel on a beagle/harrier bitch and produced a excellent foxing bitch called ruby.then put a teckelx spaniel/terrier over her .It produced the ugliest b*****d dogs you,ve ever seen,but boy could they empty woods fast.

I've heard they are good dogs but I just can't see why they are better than our native breeds if you've got a tool doing the job why get a different one from foreign places just my opinion I could be wrong

if the yanks thought like that i wonder how the pitbull would have turned out.?

I've heard they are good dogs but I just can't see why they are better than our native breeds if you've got a tool doing the job why get a different one from foreign places just my opinion I could be wrong

if the yanks thought like that i wonder how the pitbull would have turned out.?

legs of a midget with the heart of a lion, i use to watch a pack flushing boar to the waiting guns when i was over in Germany in the 1980`s , hunting horns the works :laugh: maybe one day i might be tempted to get myself a couple or two :laugh: