In April unfortunately after an accident lost my Whippet,he was operated in Glasgow Vet Hospital, all forms were filled in and sent away, its now June and nothing has been paid.

Vet Hospital have faxed them twice with no response, I have phoned them four times, every time being told it would be sorted.

first excuse, they sent my forms to the wrong department, then said they had never received any faxes from the hospital,

Then said they had sent a letter to the hospital and were waiting on return info, I asked could they tell me what the letter said, then the operator said she couldn't as her computer had crashed.

Phoned the vet Hospital, they said they had never received any letter.

They also need to send me a cheque, was told it was posted two weeks ago, i have yet to receive it.

Have now a 12wk pup who is insured with another insurance company.

got my lurcher insured with argos, she had 8 stitches in her chest in april. rang argos paid my excess

relevant forms were sent within 3 days and paid up straight away. :yes: found them really good to deal with but

obviously not all cases the same.

• 2 weeks later...

After a few phone calls, and being told by the employee they would sort it out, with nothing happening,

I finally managed to get hold of someone who said to give her a few hours and she would see to it, and she did.

Received cheque last Friday, and so did Glasgow Animal Hospital.

I certainly wouldn't use Argos again.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm surprised as well tbh, both my terrier and German Shep are insured with Argos. Had a big claim put in with them last May when my GS done his cruciate and had to have X-rays, check ups, operation, tablets, injections etc etc think the total was about £3500 and it got back tracked to the first problem he had with his leg from about 5 months previous, when we thought it was just a muscle tear/strain.

We have 2 dogs with Argos, when we claimed when my beddy whippet got hit by a car a few months ago the paperwork was filled out straight away and payment received by the vet within a few weeks. If I remember correctly they operate as a front for Royal Sun Alliance which is canny reputable.

I'm looking to insure my dogs can anyone recommend a good company?

I am now with E&I insurance, hadn't heard of them, they were recommended on Martin Lewis site, Money Making Expert,

Can't really recommend them, as fingers crossed, have not needed to use them.

Edited by Country Joe

I am now with E&I insurance, hadn't heard of them, they were recommended on Martin Lewis site, Money Making Expert,

I would highly recommend you walk away from them - there a very bad insurance and do everything they can not to pay out.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?83420-E-amp-L-Pet-Insurance-anyone-else-had-problems

if you google you will find lots more reviews from people who have had major problems with them.

We have 2 dogs with Argos, when we claimed when my beddy whippet got hit by a car a few months ago the paperwork was filled out straight away and payment received by the vet within a few weeks. If I remember correctly they operate as a front for Royal Sun Alliance which is canny reputable.

Yeah that's true, think its only recently that they joined forces so to speak, as we got a letter through the door a few months ago to say the DD would be changing.

I would highly recommend you walk away from them - there a very bad insurance and do everything they can not to pay out.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?83420-E-amp-L-Pet-Insurance-anyone-else-had-problems

if you google you will find lots more reviews from people who have had major problems with them.

Thanks Chook,

Had a look at at a lot more reviews, all bad, cancelled them today,

Now insured with Petplan, more expensive, but seem okay.

• Like 1