Whats Your Longest Kill ?????

long shots are are as good as short shots providing you are not taking a guess,my longest kill with a witness is 350 yds with a 25-06,i was zero,d at inch,n half high at a hundred yds but was going stalking the next morning and a hard frost was forecast in late december last year,the night before i put my zero to three and a half inches high at a hundred yards coz i just knew that with frost in a rape field we were not gona get close to the does,and due to us not shooting does after december we had numbers to get,true to form they knew we were there,nice kill ,pulped the boiler room,good old home load 75 grain vmax is the one,i truely agree with the above post,but things only suffer due to incompetance or lack of knowledge,i am glad someone asked the question as i am not one to brag about long shots,its all to do with experiance and confidence,happy hunting guys

• Like 1

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So what, what does it matter what you, me, or Uncle Tom Cobly can do, shoot within your capabilities.   Throw a coin up in the air enough times and one day it will land on its edge!   Virtually e

417 on a bunny with my 6mm br   401 yards with my 20 tactical on a bunny   235 yards on a crow with my old 17 hmr   70 yards with my 22l;r on a bunny   40 yards on a pigeon with my old Baikal

Cue another willy waving/cock measuring thread...

whippet whys that other people ask whats the longest youve slipped a dog ,what range have you dropped a pheasant im interested in the capabilities of good marksmenship not interested in wankers who post non topic nonesense and you are probably more of an idot than i am as i only reply in topics i read and enjoy and not slag other posts off

agree

toby i never said it was clever i meant a honest report which circumstances come to those who need to take long shots ie lamp shy etc ,and duncan your comments are what i didnt want

i wanted people with experience to tell me how they shape up in the field out of interest and you sound like youve not got a cock to measure

a honest thread for people who want to show their capabilites of which ive asked for not your bickering or sarcasm

sorry gobbo, just letting you know what to expect in the real world when you put up a thread like this. Frankly, there's no need for the insults regarding my love length, nice to know that you're thinking about it eh?

Perhaps instead of entitling your thread 'What's your longest kill?' calling it 'What's a realistic range to shoot quarry at?' would probably attract the kind of answers you would find more useful.

• Like 2

hold on lads ile just get my slurry tanker the amount of shite posts on hear would fill a tank.

roe 280m with 243 custom build 700.

red hind on the hill 355m hyem 270

crow 6-47 custom by rhino rifles 476 ish (range finder was gammy with rain)

220m rabbit with 17hmr 10.5 inch drop

countless foxes at and over 300 on the fells with the 223 and new 22-250

The more interesting thread is whats your closest shot .....

mine was a cat sat in a rocking chair in a kitchen at three yards using a parker hale .243 with a 70grn ballistic tip and I did not touch any of the kitchen units :toast::toast::toast::toast:

• Like 1

I think most people would be better off learning "fieldcraft" and getting into a position as close as you need to be for a humane kill within your capabillities :thumbs:

If a long shot is the only option then you need to make sure you can pull it off, too many muppet's think they are Annie Oakley :censored::censored:

• Like 1

I think most people would be better off learning "fieldcraft" and getting into a position as close as you need to be for a humane kill within your capabillities :thumbs:

If a long shot is the only option then you need to make sure you can pull it off, too many muppet's think they Annie Oakley :censored::censored:

hi stando you wouldent be from carmathan area would you?

If a long shot is the only option then you need to make sure you can pull it off, too many muppet's think they Annie Oakley :censored::censored:

I was born there but moved a long time ago :thumbs:

Ruger 10/22 Rabbit was a goooooood way ahead of me about 200+ yards on a set way, way behind the one we were stalking, all i could see was pretty much half a head (thru the scope) from the eyes up, with plenty of hillside coverage behind, so it was an all or nothing shot, if i hit, it died, simple!. I consider it one of my greatest shots, as even my dad let out a swear word and gave me a pat on the back (i was about 16 then) when we seen it jump about a foot in the air haha

i can still remember putting the cross hairs on its head, then raising the crosshair's about half a scope up and a touch to the left for wind direction.

oh...and i still remember being knackered from the run to retrieve it!

Gibbo the replies you got should give you a good indication of the mentality of some of the members here.

Firstly you get the idiots that just like to have a moan.

secondly you get the Philosophy students with the "what ever your capable of man".

Then its followed by the moral conscience.

Somewhere along the line the just plain rude will get in there

then if your lucky the half sensible relpies will turn up.

Its just a case of digging through the BS.

Edited by rimmer

I was born there but moved a long time ago :thumbs:

hmm I just thort I would ask as the pick up and hounds made me think of some one I know down their.