Combro's On Ebay

hard to get a bargain on e.bay now days I sold a load of ex display kids shoes on there recently and a lot made more than the shop prices . don't get me wrong im not complaining but why ? its madness.

kanny

Tbh they're not that good, I have 1 and had 1 in past which was useless, they often read well high or well low and are affected by the muzzle blast which also can make the reading a bit dodgy if it registers at all, best save a few quid more and get an F1 or something similar as i tested my gun on a combro which said it was 9.73 ft lb but in fact it was doing 10.89 ft lb on an F1 , just my opinion but they are'nt very good at all..................

Deano

• Like 1

ive always said I don't fully trust mine (combro)

if my guns doing 12.3 and my chrono says its doing 11.3 then im foooked if cops test it.

I walk to my permissions so more chance of getting stopped by cops if they see a rifle slip on my shoulder, rather than it being in a car boot not visible and on show ..

and if theres more chance of just a quick chat with the cops then that automaticaly increases the chances of them possibly wanting to test it.

so I NEED , perhaps more than other people, to know 100% that my gun is legal.

Edited by Skot Ruthless Teale

mmm i may look at an F1 then, the chace of getting your gun tested just because you are walking to a permission is almost nil, plus the fact that most bobbies wont even know how the things work or what the limits are. Unless you do summat really stupid with it you will be fine :thumbs:

Regardless of what chances there are of being stopped and checked nothing should be left to chance by the gun owner.

I know this sounds a bit creeping jesus and stuff but its not worth losing your guns and fun for a 100 quid.

I know i don't and am as daft as a brush according to the wife :thumbs:

Combros are inconsistent in my hands and the F1 is a great wee machine.

I did read once though in a magazine who did a test on the Combro, think it was Shooting Sports, their test comparison with a Combro and proffessional chrono on various air rifles gave good results showing the Combro to be a good investment.

I've just never had that much confidence in them where as I've only had the F1 for a week and its giving consistent results over 30 or 40 pellets on each air rifle at a time.

C

I know its not worth it , that's why I got the combro in the first place, couldn't afford more at the time or I would have got an F1 instead. soon as I get some spare cash I will be getting an f1. :yes:

and I will use that and the combro at the same time to see if they give the same reading.. like they hopefully should! :laugh:

I understand that there is no argument about taking chances with your rifle being legal or not, but there must be 10's of thousands of air rifle ownwers who dont have/dont have access to or dont even know what a chrono is. While i fully understand why many wish to be cautious, i do feel that there seems to be a certain amount of paranoia amongst the more serious air gun users, its almost like some think there is a bobby on every street corner waiting to seize their rifle and chrono it, 99.9% of them wouldnt know where to start. Like i said, unless to do something very stupid or criminal with it then you will be ok, and that 99.9% of bobbies who wouldn't know where to start also have too much other crap to deal with to bother seizing it, booking it into the seized propery system, finding someone to chrono it on a day/time that they are on duty etc etc etc

Reaches for hard hat and hides under the table. :whistling:

I understand that there is no argument about taking chances with your rifle being legal or not, but there must be 10's of thousands of air rifle ownwers who dont have/dont have access to or dont even know what a chrono is. While i fully understand why many wish to be cautious, i do feel that there seems to be a certain amount of paranoia amongst the more serious air gun users, its almost like some think there is a bobby on every street corner waiting to seize their rifle and chrono it, 99.9% of them wouldnt know where to start. Like i said, unless to do something very stupid or criminal with it then you will be ok, and that 99.9% of bobbies who wouldn't know where to start also have too much other crap to deal with to bother seizing it, booking it into the seized propery system, finding someone to chrono it on a day/time that they are on duty etc etc etc

Reaches for hard hat and hides under the table. :whistling:

No need for the hard hat bud, your first sentence up to the coma sums the whole thing up nicely.

You have access to a chrono and your rifle is legal (which means its more accurate and lethal) is all that matters.

You don't have to concern yourself about if the bobbies do or don't know what they are doing or if there are tens of thousands of people or maybe a million or two who don't know what a chrono is or if they do but don't have access to one (in the eyes of the law ingnorance is not an excuse).

We are not paranoid its just a simple precaution to stay legal and enjoy our sport which is under increasing pressure from antis etc.

You are keeping yourself right and that is all that matters.

Incidently i notice a trend of reducing the power to nine point something to aid in even better accuracy.

We seem to have gone off topic a little.

Back to the debate yo know which one i prefer.

Atb

C