Bored

just been watching mine in the mews he playing with his dinner and small rabbit one fo the dogs retrieved this morning, just chucked the whole carcass in he been pasting it ever since lol the dogs been lay watching him and he not phased at all even by the new pups , the old dogs simply know better than to even try to argue with him

cannot wait to get back out , it cannot come soon enough, still seems a fair way off, am looking forward to the moult finishign so as I can block him out on the lawn, he always been a right scruff but he worse in the mews, rarely everbothers with the bath lol

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That would be good if eventually that happened but it's getting the right breeders who no what they are doing and not some numpty after a quick pound. And breeding from the right birds

I hope to get a video of a stoop on a grouse from a hugh pitch come August:)

Reading this thread getting me very itchy boys!

just been watching mine in the mews he playing with his dinner and small rabbit one fo the dogs retrieved this morning, just chucked the whole carcass in he been pasting it ever since lol the dogs been lay watching him and he not phased at all even by the new pups , the old dogs simply know better than to even try to argue with him

cannot wait to get back out , it cannot come soon enough, still seems a fair way off, am looking forward to the moult finishign so as I can block him out on the lawn, he always been a right scruff but he worse in the mews, rarely everbothers with the bath lol

What you flying Mate?

Cheers do love me falcons hoping to inseminate my lanner next year with black gyr seaman will fly a female from her. I fly all my 6 5 days a week in season plus the hawks! Love my job:)

Edited by CrowHawker

20-25000 I own a boarding kennels and have 2 staff plus some bird control My mrs earns a lot more than me so gives me time to consentrate on my birds my season depends on imprinting and the like but end of July till end of pheasant season hunting

• Like 2

when the bird comes out of the moult i dont usually start hunting until early october as my permissions cover is usually too high to go out with the ferrets any earlier. but before that i just fly the bird to increase fitness and try blag the odd kill by bushing the cover. then finish early march, in that time the birds out 7 days a week except for every so often when i will crop him up and give him a rest day

last season was the first so we started out at first cut on hare, plenty of lure work beforehand and a few rabbits he chanced across as well, he took to em easily and by making in quick it stopped him getting an serious stick, although on the dragged carcass lure I always gave him loads of grief, entered him to hare, once the stubbles opened up, first couple where leverets, but he soon chanced on larger ones,showed same commitment to task, as long as eithe rmyslef or the dog gets to the scene he happy enough to cling on a fight his corner, soon learned to let the dog take the sting out of em though, he appears to like the chase as he never refused a flight on one, where as when I turned him to feather later in seaSOn he picked his flights a little , maybe needed dropping a little but am happy enogh as hare was always the intended target with him

was plannign toi start him a little later this year however am gagging to get out so be soon a shis new coat on and cuts made to fields all be out again, cannot wait,in seaosn I fly him daily on both lures and hunt every othe rday, if the hunt end in a kill then he gets a day or two offf due to the large crop I allow him , big quarry big reward, I ain't adverse to the odd week off for him either if he takes a kicking off quarry, plenty of food a areat sees him right again.