Big Lurchers

So we've had plenty of the small lurcher threads so why not a big lurcher one too! I like a good sized dog myself and some of these "30 monsters I'v seen must have taken some stopping on deer pre ban.

Pics or/and Stories please!

Edited by j1985

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like bigger dogs for what I do but when they start gettin too big you do lose some stuff. You really lose their ability to turn tightly and that can hurt you at times. I dont think you really lose

Depends what you're hunting but big on the inside means more to me than inches to the shoulder!

Had a machine of dog stood 29tts deer/greyx saluki/whip/grey was great on anythin big then rabs , took loads with him. Had to shoot him cos cancer of liver had anova n he was shockin shit glad he didn

Posted Images

So we've had plenty of the small lurcher threads so why not a big lurcher one too! I like a good sized dog myself and some of these "30 monsters I'v seen must have taken some stopping on deer pre ban.

Pics or/and Stories please!

Had a machine of dog stood 29tts deer/greyx saluki/whip/grey was great on anythin big then rabs , took loads with him. Had to shoot him cos cancer of liver had anova n he was shockin shit glad he didnt make old bones saved me a job. The first un me dad painted oil paintin of he sits next to the prices Gerty above the fire
  • Like 2

took my 40kg bullx to the lure coursing track oneday for a bit of fun,the bloke running it said wonder how the big boy will do on the 350mtr run,and walked back to the start,some travellers were trying to have a bet with me,anyhow,my dog lines with 5 very racy,fast looking animals.........off goes the lure and my dog thunders down the straight and came 2nd.....the guy running it come over on the quad and said he went over the line like a f....g race horse and only just got beaten to 1st................the look on the travellers faces was worth going for

I like bigger dogs for what I do but when they start gettin too big you do lose some stuff. You really lose their ability to turn tightly and that can hurt you at times. I dont think you really lose any top end speed except on dogs that just plain aint fast but you do lose some of the early acceleration but once gain for what I do that shit dont hardly matter ever. A big dog though can handle a coyote so much easier than a little dog. Ive had some smaller dogs that were plain ole tough but they just could not handle a 35 pound coyote. They just arent strong enough.

• Like 6

my pup Buck, 1x gsd x grey 9 1/2 month old, 26 1/2 in , prob go 27in when full grown. still very puppy mind+ body, but could be a good dog when mature.!

pic taken 3 weeks ago

churk4_zps2ed6c3d8.jpg