Lets See Some Bull X Patterdale

So what's the benefits of using bull blood?

as Zerky says "Anyone and I mean anyone with half an idea could breed a terrier that can be dug to by adding bull blood (because the prey drive is so high (which it should be!!))"

I wanted to see would any of the theorists answer that one. People are quoting Mr Breay saying "Bull blooded terriers are too hard", yet Mr Breay wouldn't breed of a dog that couldn't boss his fox. Would that be the same as using bull blood to stiffen a line?

Has anyone bar Byran worked a genuine bull cross consistently?

• Like 1

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1/2 cross fit

Not bull x, pure patt but I'd say there's bull in him along the line.

Posted Images

So what's the benefits of using bull blood?

as Zerky says "Anyone and I mean anyone with half an idea could breed a terrier that can be dug to by adding bull blood (because the prey drive is so high (which it should be!!))"

I wanted to see would any of the theorists answer that one. People are quoting Mr Breay saying "Bull blooded terriers are too hard", yet Mr Breay wouldn't breed of a dog that couldn't boss his fox. Would that be the same as using bull blood to stiffen a line?

Has anyone bar Byran worked a genuine bull cross consistently?

i did a bull Russell cross bitch that was a mini game dog. Mute and hard as nails she killed plenty of foxes and dug lots but ended up being sold to a boy up country then. Without going into detail about why.

I've owned (many years ago) two staff x lakeys and a Russell x English bull, the two staff lakeys were absolutely bananas. They were both iron hard, they had heads like sledgehammers and were both as useless as they were beautiful to look at. The English bull x Russell was a very good bitch, I gave her to a friend who lost her to ground. When I say lost I mean lost, silly c**t put her in a big place with no collar on and had the fire brigade out looking for her with no joy ! A waist of a decent animal.

its all just down to preference if it works for you i dont see what the problem is, nobody's forcing anybody into putting bull into their terriers! And i for one like a strong dog with a bit of bull in that can hold his own

There are plenty of patterdales that can hold their own, with pedigrees going back years, and years, and years with no known bull blood in them!! In my opinion adding bull blood to a patterdale is Laziness!! put in the time and effort to find a line that sticks true to the breed. Anyone and I mean anyone with half an idea could breed a terrier that can be dug to by adding bull blood (because the prey drive is so high (which it should be!!)) But digging to a terrier week in week out, several times a week with no bull blood (or very little which is nigh on irrelevant) that only takes stick when necessary that can produce, is the art of a great terrier/terrierman/line.
are you referring to your mate in cwmbran lol
the man think he gone chocolate now
can only be for the worse :(