Lets See Some Bull X Patterdale

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1/2 cross fit

Not bull x, pure patt but I'd say there's bull in him along the line.

Posted Images

Wouldnt benefit from one in my area, too many tight spots. N they got big shits :) no need to introduce bull as its already in the breeding and a good strain shouldnt lack gameness, would be pointless carrying it on if so.

[attachment=215309:Blackhearts Dogs 202.jpg heres 1 for you ;)

is that a first x bb ?

No brog-but there is bull blood in both the lines of sire/dam of the bitch-she stands 9/10" tts and looks like a mini stafford/apbt-Tiny the pocket rocket-lol-handy little bitch,knows her job :thumbs:

my dogs have a bit of bull back a bit yours sounds and looks a handy bitch :thumbs:

• Like 1

Wouldnt benefit from one in my area, too many tight spots. N they got big shits :) no need to introduce bull as its already in the breeding and a good strain shouldnt lack gameness, would be pointless carrying it on if so.

Well Fook all gud russells that are consistent around my area, so putting some bull in them can give a little consistency in type and drive.

would love to see some and im sure others do..

what would the cross be good for? Oh ye, big shits and getting stuck.

What do you think would be the benefits of the cross, other than big shits and getting stuck?

Durability, intelligence, strength, drive and natural wind. Plus game bred bull blood is so tightly bred and well tested than outcrossing to it would bring in little risk of introducing genetic faults.

would you say apbt like for example crossing sorrel bitch to a patterdale would bring more natural wind then using game stafford bitch but from kc stock..

Staff cross come more barrel chested from what i've seen, APBT has more of a terriers confirmation so while the first cross is usually a little to tall in tight places, there usually only a slight bit bigger in the chest than a terrier.....and yeah i would think they have more natural wind than a staff cross

• Like 4

I have in my yard a 1stx pattxstaff,very good diging dog coming up to 5 year old.This dog is smaller than any of the black terriers I keep and has a lot of serious diging over him in the last 3 half seasons.Can be dug pretty often even though he is mute and finds and stays in any type of earth big or small.We actually dug to his dam on a few occasions while short on diging dogs.A lot of lads knock the bullx's saying they are to big and to hard for earth work but with proper care when choosing the actual dog and bitch for the mating they are actually a handy little diging dog.Anyone that has seen this dog work cannot fault him and anyone that knows me will know I wont tolerate a bad terrier.

sounds a handy dog fat man have you any pics :thumbs:

Could not or would not put pics on here Brog.

• Like 1

I have in my yard a 1stx pattxstaff,very good diging dog coming up to 5 year old.This dog is smaller than any of the black terriers I keep and has a lot of serious diging over him in the last 3 half seasons.Can be dug pretty often even though he is mute and finds and stays in any type of earth big or small.We actually dug to his dam on a few occasions while short on diging dogs.A lot of lads knock the bullx's saying they are to big and to hard for earth work but with proper care when choosing the actual dog and bitch for the mating they are actually a handy little diging dog.Anyone that has seen this dog work cannot fault him and anyone that knows me will know I wont tolerate a bad terrier.

sounds a handy dog fat man have you any pics :thumbs:

Could not or would not put pics on here Brog.

fair play your choice just nice to see others dogs :thumbs: