Line Breeding

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Would not have dogs bred any other way

All I will say is they call it line breeding when things go right but when things go wrong they call in in-breeding...atb

Its not a problem with line breeding at all its just a problem with breeding period. Nobody knows how the pups of any litter are going to turn out. So many things can go right or wrong when breeding

used to own a lurcher that was line bred it had 6 toes on each foot,it never affected the dog one bit but it coudnt half turn :laugh:

six toed wonder haha so how closley related was the lurchers sire an dam pip

I've linebred, inbred, crossbred, and whatever else with pretty much the same results. I got a dog or two in each cross that was worth keeping. The rest were either average or below. Try it and see. What can it hurt?

thanks dan so was there much deformities in any of the breeding.i might be linebreeding very soon wuz was what you think is to close

used to own a lurcher that was line bred it had 6 toes on each foot,it never affected the dog one bit but it coudnt half turn :laugh:

i was just joking mate,,, but their is nowt wrong with keeping the line tight at least you would know the breeding :thumbs:

Got 2 eleven month old pups here out of brother to sister mating only time will tell how they get on.

Also Done brother to sister mating years ago kept 2 bitch pups. One turned the mirror image of the dam the other very racy unlike the parents.

both were healthy and done what was expected of them.

i was just joking mate,,, but their is nowt wrong with keeping the line tight at least you would know the breeding :thumbs:

thanks pip

I've linebred, inbred, crossbred, and whatever else with pretty much the same results. I got a dog or two in each cross that was worth keeping. The rest were either average or below. Try it and see. What can it hurt?

thanks dan so was there much deformities in any of the breeding.i might be linebreeding very soon wuz was what you think is to close

Im not gonna go over every single litter but I will tell you about three. One litter I bred was son back to mother and both them dogs were pretty much mongrels. One female in that litter was as backwards as backwards can be. The rest of the pups were good to go and all acted pretty damn good. Best damn pup in that litter got kilt by a coyote. I was NOT happy.

Another litter I bred was from a half brother x sister deal and them two were tightly inbred already and every pup in that litter was nice actin. I got a rockstar of a lil gyp out of that litter. Actually I got two but for some reason the one gyp just couldnt ever keep up but she was a fightin lil bitch from day one on game.

Last inbred litter I had sucked ass. My buddy told me not to breed them two dogs and I should have listened cuz he had already done it before and Im a dumbass and went ahead and did it anyhow. Stupid cuz they sucked. I will never ever breed two dogs twice ever again. I aint blaming that entirely but dont matter I will never do it again.

Got 2 eleven month old pups here out of brother to sister mating only time will tell how they get on.

Also Done brother to sister mating years ago kept 2 bitch pups. One turned the mirror image of the dam the other very racy unlike the parents.

both were healthy and done what was expected of them.

happy days dai the dog an bitch im looking to line both have same sire but different dam.by the sounds of things itll be gran cheers