Badger In France

Why's that then ?

With respect, its sort of one of them questions which says more about the person asking, one day you may realise the answer.

What is the answer? I'm asking because I can't see any answer other than you're the sort of person that wants dogs to bait an animal and then release it to be baited again. If it needs digging then dig it and kill it. If it doesn't need removing then leave it alone.

Should I take bunnies out of my lurchers mouth and set them free for him to run them again?

If you're that worried about being able to find game to get another dig or wiping out a local population, then that says more about the person with those worries and their lack of knowledge or fieldcraft. One day you may realise that you are advocating cruelty.

Is catch and release in fishing wrong too?

Born Hunter, I like that analogy. ;)

I call it hunting or digging, not killing.

Some places there is no game to be 'hunted' for whatever reason, some places there is a saturation. Release a few healthy specimens... That goes for all 'game'.

Nothing to do with lack of fieldcraft, a badger sette is really not that difficult to find. More to do with permission/hunting rights.

As Blaise has said, "If you have some experience....."

Edited by GD Waz

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Very easy to wipe out that particular type of quarry in an area over a very short space of time,not like fox where you could kill a couple today and by tomorrow 2 more would have moved in to same area

What a debate ! We are very cautious concerning badger populations here. If you hunt to much, population can decrease. In some areas, badger hunters are numerous. So, they release a part of badger

Can folk not just watch a video on here snd show some appreciation for the guy who put it up. Im not too fussed who kills quary or who releases it. But i am envious of guys like those on the video who

Why's that then ?

With respect, its sort of one of them questions which says more about the person asking, one day you may realise the answer.

What is the answer? I'm asking because I can't see any answer other than you're the sort of person that wants dogs to bait an animal and then release it to be baited again. If it needs digging then dig it and kill it. If it doesn't need removing then leave it alone.

Should I take bunnies out of my lurchers mouth and set them free for him to run them again?

If you're that worried about being able to find game to get another dig or wiping out a local population, then that says more about the person with those worries and their lack of knowledge or fieldcraft. One day you may realise that you are advocating cruelty.

Some places there is no game to be 'hunted' for whatever reason, some places there is a saturation. Release a few healthy specimens... That goes for all 'game'.

Nothing to do with lack of fieldcraft, a badger sette is really not that difficult to find. More to do with permission/hunting rights.

So you're saying that you dig badgers and then release them where there are none?

I bet the farmers/landowners love you!

BTW, its illegal to interfere with badger setts, regardless of how easy they are to find.

You need to get some experience with regard to keeping your private business private. The antis live for people like you.

Ive

Why's that then ?

So you're saying that you dig badgers and then release them where there are none?

BTW, its illegal to interfere with badger setts, regardless of how easy they are to find.

You need to get some experience with regard to keeping your private business private. The antis live for people like you.

Ive dug with farmers, landowners, keepers and released the quarry.

& BTW digging badgers where I hunt is not illegal.

The language you are using in your post make me wonder are you some king of grass or weird closet anti? Rhetorical question by the way, I doubt if ill be offering you any more input, just leave you to assume what you will.

Ive

Why's that then ?

Ive dug with farmers, landowners, keepers and released the quarry.

& BTW digging badgers where I hunt is not illegal.

The language you are using in your post make me wonder are you some king of grass or weird closet anti? Rhetorical question by the way, I doubt if ill be offering you any more input, just leave you to assume what you will.

Great, thanks.

I'm really concerned that you've outed me and everyone now knows that I'm an anti. Could we keep it between ourselves please?

I know how it looks, me wanting to finish a dig with a despatch and you and your landowners, farmers and keepers releasing stuff but I'm quite keen to keep it secret from the blokes on here that I work my dogs with.

Anti? Me? Carry on, you talk like Brian May!

Did I call you an idiot yet?

To call someone a grass because you got a poor argument is a cnuts trick. Grasses are on a par with nonces where I'm from.

Anyway, you pulled the trick so take from that what you will.

To call someone a grass because you got a poor argument is a cnuts trick. Grasses are on a par with nonces where I'm from.

Your words.

BTW, its illegal to interfere with badger setts - The antis live for people like you - bait an animal and then release it to be baited again.

My words.

The language you are using in your posts make me wonder are you some kind of grass or weird closet anti?

Double cnuts trick I see you tried spinning on me, very clever Kranky I (thought youd have done the name calling before now as I saw you were struggling), but low all the same. For an argument your struggling with.

Youve shown what you are, so i'll leave you to it.

Edited by GD Waz
  • Like 1

Your words.

BTW, its illegal to interfere with badger setts - The antis live for people like you - bait an animal and then release it to be baited again.

My words.

The language you are using in your post make me wonder are you some king of grass or weird closet anti?

Errrrrrrrrrrrr??????? Your point is? I honesty don't need your help in keeping up with the thread. I know exactly what I said and exactly what you said. I've not claimed you've said anything that you haven't.

Can folk not just watch a video on here snd show some appreciation for the guy who put it up. Im not too fussed who kills quary or who releases it. But i am envious of guys like those on the video who get to carry out great sport legally. For the likes of us im afraid it is a distant memory.

Yours in sport Pernod.

• Like 5

Thanks for the vid blaise.....at least the french government allow a proper system of control over there & expect hunters to pass an exam before being granted a hunting licence. Whether we agree with some of the methods or not they seem to have a better understanding & don't roll over to the antis as easy as the UK

• Like 1

The irony of people where badger digging is illegal, telling people where its legal , that they are doing it wrong is beautiful.

Also nice to hear the woman in the video describe the badger as handsome and magnificent as opposed to the derogatory "pigs" heard so often on here.

• Like 5

The irony of people where badger digging is illegal, telling people where its legal , that they are doing it wrong is beautiful.

Also nice to hear the woman in the video describe the badger as handsome and magnificent as opposed to the derogatory "pigs" heard so often on here.

It's the problem when you need to prove that the game is vermin, then your hunt appear like a useful activity. You hunt because the animals are unwanted, with hate. The game is often insulted.
But when badger is a legal game, you can hunt it without hate, for the fun and with respect. You don't insulte the game.
I hope it will be possible here for a long time.
  • Like 4

It's the problem when you need to prove that the game is vermin, then your hunt appear like a useful activity. You hunt because the animals are unwanted, with hate. The game is often insulted.
But when badger is a legal game, you can hunt it without hate, for the fun and with respect. You don't insulte the game.
I hope it will be possible here for a long time.

And how true! the very word 'hunt' often seems these days to be associated with feelings such as loathing, hatred and scorn.

Blaise: for someone who says that their English is not very good, you have explained in only a very few words what is wrong with so many of today's so-called 'hunters', :thumbs: the sort of people who have no respect for the animals they hunt.

Sadly, in the UK, we are told that we must not enjoy our hunting, that it must only be carried out for purposes of pest control, so in a way I can understand how these attitudes have come about. Anyone who hunts, for whatever reason, should follow a code of conduct where the quarry is respected, whether it is allowed to live or must be killed..

• Like 1

Stating that you don't agree with baiting an animal for the sake of baiting it isn't ironic.

Would it be ironic if I said that the people in Pakistan who declaw, muzzle and tether bears before setting dogs on them are wrong to do so, simply because that's illegal here? I feel you don't quite understand what irony is.

I will always defend the way that anyone chooses to hunt and will be the first to state cultural differences as a reason for practices that we may not agree with (check out the Dogo and Patt thread in this section) However, when practices will cause an animal to react in such a way in the future that it could cause serious damage or death to a dog, I will voice my opinion.

Some of us are fortunate enough to be able to hunt in a few different countries so we get to see all sorts of stuff, first hand.

Guest thebigdog

Stating that you don't agree with baiting an animal for the sake of baiting it isn't ironic.

Would it be ironic if I said that the people in Pakistan who declaw, muzzle and tether bears before setting dogs on them are wrong to do so, simply because that's illegal here? I feel you don't quite understand what irony is.

I will always defend the way that anyone chooses to hunt and will be the first to state cultural differences as a reason for practices that we may not agree with (check out the Dogo and Patt thread in this section) However, when practices will cause an animal to react in such a way in the future that it could cause serious damage or death to a dog, I will voice my opinion.

Some of us are fortunate enough to be able to hunt in a few different countries so we get to see all sorts of stuff, first hand.

i take it you dont like coursing hares either.