New Season In France

You seem very professional in the way you hunt in France. I think it is important to keep that image for the future of your sport.

It's a shame we couldn't do that here. All too often the image of terrier work is that of half a dozen thugs waiting on top with a bull cross each.

Image and presentation is everything when it comes to public relations...

Born Hunter, unfortunately some don't hunt correctly in France too. And the antis are very happy to find some pics with blood.

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't know exactly what do you mean by "mix", it means to bite ? If it means to bite, they are more barkers than mixers. Betty, the left one on the pic, is my best jack (10 badgers in 5 hunts this

Some pics from my digging class  

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You look after your way of life mate as its easily outlawed by idiots with no other agenda than to stop you having fun .Nearly choked on my can of lager when i saw the horns being blown ,we often have to sneak about when on a legal dig to a fox .

• Like 7

You look after your way of life mate as its easily outlawed by idiots with no other agenda than to stop you having fun .Nearly choked on my can of lager when i saw the horns being blown ,we often have to sneak about when on a legal dig to a fox .

Yes I know, Foxdropper.

Consequently, we don't dig exactly the same way.

Here we can do it with a lot of curious, wives and children. There is a kind of meeting for a dig.

The other great difference is the time. In France, we like take all our time. With good dogs, we let the dog work a good time while we're eating. Sometimes, we are a bit slow.

In England, you are quicker. May be you are in a hurry to finish. So, it's a matter of sport.

In France, an old one-armed man can do a good terrierman.

• Like 12
  • 1 month later...

many photos seen in England show the fox terrier being the most popular terrier in France. is this true ? have you used fox terrier ? are they good or poor workers ? why do you prefer jack Russell's ?

do you use your terriers only for digging and bolting, earth work or also as flushing dogs ?

It's Right. Fox terriers are often used to dig here. The rough hair and the smooth hair.
Teckels and jack russell are often used too.
I have jack russell and patterdales to dig. To flush boar, I have teckels and some jack russell (the bigger, Parson Jack Russell as we call them in France).
In fact, I have no final opinion about races. It depends of what you have to do, how you do it and the lines of course.
Notice that you can be surprised with the lines : i have a very little jack russell bitch from 100% pet line, we caught 21 badgers with her this summer and she failed only twice. But the litters from this bitch are little workers.
  • Like 3

How do you despatch your game

post-80985-0-48359800-1388642301.gif
I have a captive bolt, discrete, no risk, very fast, efficient. The animal don't suffer.
Some use a 9mm rifle here, more dangerous if you are in group. Some others use a dagger after stunned the game but you must be very familiar.
We never leave a living badger to the dogs.

Edited by Blaise
  • Like 3

How do you despatch your game

I have a captive bolt, discrete, no risk, very fast, efficient. The animal don't suffer.
Some use a 9mm rifle here, more dangerous if you are in group. Some others use a dagger after stunned the game but you must be very familiar.
We never leave a living badger to the dogs.

The places where badgers aren't too many, you can release the animal. Catching is the success, it isn't a shame to release in forest (never in the farm land).

avocat.jpg

I want a lawyer !

• Like 2