New Season In France

1 hour ago, neil cooney said:

Why the tongs Blaise ? If you's dispatch them why not shoot it as it shows ? In that photo there I'd say that's a very easy shot, or where you just letting the lad have some experience ?

According to french hunting rules, shoot inside the hole is a bad manner. You have to catch the animal without hurt, before to dispatch it or let it go. If you have to dispatch it, do it outside the set.

So we have special tongs in order to catch the badger in a safe way, this's the law.

• Like 7

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't know exactly what do you mean by "mix", it means to bite ? If it means to bite, they are more barkers than mixers. Betty, the left one on the pic, is my best jack (10 badgers in 5 hunts this

Some pics from my digging class  

Posted Images

Blaise, isn't badger digging also legal in Croatia ??????????????

Imagine that ? In a couple of weeks time you French boys will be doing battle against another good badger digging country in the World Cup final.

I'll be shouting for France. ??

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Blaise said:

According to french hunting rules, shoot inside the hole is a bad manner. You have to catch the animal without hurt, before to dispatch it or let it go. If you have to dispatch it, do it outside the set.

So we have special tongs in order to catch the badger in a safe way, this's the law.

?... I never knew that, always thought you were frit of them ?

• 3 weeks later...
On 03/08/2018 at 08:40, Blaise said:

Shit

02.jpg.8e40871c8eb7735d91184bde8b775360.jpg

I know your lucky enough to be able to do what you do and all that but when i see some pics of your digs with holes all over and it looking like a war zone,i can't help but thinking you and the animals would be so better off with the use of locators rather than your ears..

• Like 3
1 hour ago, fireman said:

I know your lucky enough to be able to do what you do and all that but when i see some pics of your digs with holes all over and it looking like a war zone,i can't help but thinking you and the animals would be so better off with the use of locators rather than your ears..

I doubt they’re digging more than one hole due to a mismark. Your usually pretty bang on the money with the ear and a bar. I’d say it more to do with the type of terrier they’re using. I’d rather be in the french lads position though ?

• Like 5
3 hours ago, rob284 said:

I doubt they’re digging more than one hole due to a mismark. Your usually pretty bang on the money with the ear and a bar. I’d say it more to do with the type of terrier they’re using. I’d rather be in the french lads position though ?

Very true and a baying type is sure needed over anything else when using the ear,it's just that thought most of us have had if were honest that sometimes there's a lot of holes being dug rather than one as such.Lucky lads though and i wish them all the best in keeping it going..

• Like 3
On 05/08/2018 at 12:47, fireman said:

Keep doing what you do the way you want.
Badger was turning for a long time. First dig in order to cut the way. Then badgers has been push in the stop end. Thus second hole 3 meters. Two badgers. 
We don't need your collar, we do the job without.

• Like 5
On 05/08/2018 at 17:32, fireman said:

Very true and a baying type is sure needed over anything else when using the ear,it's just that thought most of us have had if were honest that sometimes there's a lot of holes being dug rather than one as such.Lucky lads though and i wish them all the best in keeping it going..

The other side of things is they won't need a surgeon after the dig and bring unwanted attention. Everyone would love dogs that can bark but still get the job done. Nobody wants a dog out for 4 weeks after each dig no matter how brave they are.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2