New Season In France

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't know exactly what do you mean by "mix", it means to bite ? If it means to bite, they are more barkers than mixers. Betty, the left one on the pic, is my best jack (10 badgers in 5 hunts this

Some pics from my digging class  

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, Lozzer said:

I've never dug to a coypu Blaise. I heard of some being about once in a part of the world near .  Have you ever dug to a otter ?

No I never dug to an otter. Very rare in France and highly protected.
I thought otter was hunted with hounds more than dug ?

35 minutes ago, Blaise said:

No I never dug to an otter. Very rare in France and highly protected.
I thought otter was hunted with hounds more than dug ?

Thanks for that Blaise. Yes the highly protected over in this part of the world too.i just didn't know if different where you are.  I saw pictures of them hunted or tales , that's going back to a hundred years ago near enough.  Say no more on the matter. All the best with your hunting and good to see how much you appreciate it 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Blaise said:

Keep doing what you do the way you want.
Badger was turning for a long time. First dig in order to cut the way. Then badgers has been push in the stop end. Thus second hole 3 meters. Two badgers. 
We don't need your collar, we do the job without.

I wasn't being funny and like i said i'll bet most folk who have dug a hole or two will have thought the same as i do at times and you dig a lot of holes which everyone knows ain't no good for any earth,sett or warren,i those of us who do use locators don't often have places looking like yours do.Like it or not Blaise it's the truth mate and i wasn't being funny about it just saying it loud as such,your lucky folk having it the way you do and i do wish you all the best with it,but those locators do help at many levels from the dogs safety to the upkeep of the earth,sett,warren it's self and time has proved this over this side of the channel..?..

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
4 hours ago, fireman said:

I wasn't being funny and like i said i'll bet most folk who have dug a hole or two will have thought the same as i do at times and you dig a lot of holes which everyone knows ain't no good for any earth,sett or warren,i those of us who do use locators don't often have places looking like yours do.Like it or not Blaise it's the truth mate and i wasn't being funny about it just saying it loud as such,your lucky folk having it the way you do and i do wish you all the best with it,but those locators do help at many levels from the dogs safety to the upkeep of the earth,sett,warren it's self and time has proved this over this side of the channel..?..

The channel is so large, I'm very impressed.

• Haha 1
13 minutes ago, Blaise said:

The channel is so large, I'm very impressed.

Now your just being a dickhead and plenty think the same as me on the war zone bit,but i'm out of here as i don't want to ruin a good thread....

• Like 3

Blaine just out of interest what's the deepest you guys will work with only using your ears to locate. I know some type of ground over here you can be only 2ft away from the dog and still not hear the dog bay. 

atb Adam 

On 07/08/2018 at 08:43, Blaise said:

Keep doing what you do the way you want.
Badger was turning for a long time. First dig in order to cut the way. Then badgers has been push in the stop end. Thus second hole 3 meters. Two badgers. 
We don't need your collar, we do the job without.

So what Blaise , you dug 2 holes and one was to the dog because of the circumstance of the sett ?.  And obviously, a locater coller made  no difference in what went on because of how you dug to the dog ?.  I think that the guys trying to mock you because the thinking different on things they've probably done or seen themselves.  Good luck with your hunting Blaise , yous are very dedicated 

• Like 2
On 08/08/2018 at 10:11, Rat face said:

Blaine just out of interest what's the deepest you guys will work with only using your ears to locate. I know some type of ground over here you can be only 2ft away from the dog and still not hear the dog bay. 

atb Adam 

Rat Face, It depends of earth. Beyond 6 or 7 ft, it's very difficult.

• Thanks 1
On 08/08/2018 at 10:51, Lozzer said:

So what Blaise , you dug 2 holes and one was to the dog because of the circumstance of the sett ?.  And obviously, a locater coller made  no difference in what went on because of how you dug to the dog ?.  I think that the guys trying to mock you because the thinking different on things they've probably done or seen themselves.  Good luck with your hunting Blaise , yous are very dedicated 

Absolutely, some are speaking about my hunt but they weren't with us.

The number of holes never depend on ability to locate the dog. 

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Blaise said:

Absolutely, some are speaking about my hunt but they weren't with us.

The number of holes never depend on ability to locate the dog. 

That's how it always said nowadays, people will say different, and the internet can make lot things or happenings look alot different . Glad you have good companionship around you, good hunting ?. Hope to read more about way you do things 

9 hours ago, Lozzer said:

That's how it always said nowadays, people will say different, and the internet can make lot things or happenings look alot different . Glad you have good companionship are

9 hours ago, Lozzer said:

That's how it always said nowadays, people will say different, and the internet can make lot things or happenings look alot different . Glad you have good companionship around you, good hunting ?. Hope to read more about way you do things are

. Hope to read more about way you do things 

Lozzer would you work your dogs without a locating collar on.I understand that blaise has to as its the law for some strange reason but why there is such a law is beyond me.would it not make more sence to put the dogs safety first and use a locater.I worked terriers for some years without but they we're not about at the time but soon as they came on scene I made it my business to get one. The whole point in working terriers is to reach them as quickly and safely as you can but by dropping holes all over not alone are you f***ing up a good earth but you are also putting your dogs life on the line. Every man to his own but I have more respect for my dogs than to put them at risk when there is a better way of going about it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1