New Season In France

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't know exactly what do you mean by "mix", it means to bite ? If it means to bite, they are more barkers than mixers. Betty, the left one on the pic, is my best jack (10 badgers in 5 hunts this

Some pics from my digging class  

Posted Images

A nice new place, never hunted

attachicon.gif2.jpg

Gadoue after the hunt, two badgers

attachicon.gif1.jpg

The stop end is rebuilt, wood first, stones after and dirt

attachicon.gif3.jpg

Why use stones Blaise,would they not be a hazard next time you have to dig in same stopend with say falling in on top of the dog as you go down,would ye not just fill up that particular Stop and by doing that create a new one right next to it.

• Like 1

A nice new place, never hunted

attachicon.gif2.jpg

Gadoue after the hunt, two badgers

attachicon.gif1.jpg

The stop end is rebuilt, wood first, stones after and dirt

attachicon.gif3.jpg

Why use stones Blaise,would they not be a hazard next time you have to dig in same stopend with say falling in on top of the dog as you go down,would ye not just fill up that particular Stop and by doing that create a new one right next to it.

Each has its own habits.
A hunt depends on the structure of the terrier more than the skill of the game. Long stop-end means good hunt, short stop hunt middling, without stop-end it's bad.
So before to leave a set, be careful. Never reduce a good stop-end. Just IMO.
After rains and rains, stones and earth will be welded
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Blaise, in your photos there's always some young lads and girls.

Do they have a real keen interest ?

Can you see terrierwork being healthy in France in 30 or 40 years time ?

Yes, we have a lot of young in badger hunting. It's a great hope. Each year, between 60 and 70 new teams are created (the same number disappeared, so we stay around 1.500 teams in France). Most of the young are very involved.
But for the futur, I'm more cautious. It'll depend on spread of vegan ideology (more dangerous for my way of life than muslim radicals because it's insidious).
This major problem concerns all the rural life, farmers, hunters, fishers, foresters, animal breeders, riders...
  • Like 6

Yes, we have a lot of young in badger hunting. It's a great hope. Each year, between 60 and 70 new teams are created (the same number disappeared, so we stay around 1.500 teams in France). Most of the young are very involved.
But for the futur, I'm more cautious. It'll depend on spread of vegan ideology (more dangerous for my way of life than muslim radicals because it's insidious).
This major problem concerns all the rural life, farmers, hunters, fishers, foresters, animal breeders, riders...

Good to see the youth taking an interest in the hunting game,around me there more into doing harm and causing trouble.There was a young lad that was very keen a few year back but he got to an age where he started geting interested in girls then there was only 1 hole on his mind and it did not hold a badger,lol.

• Like 7

Good to see the youth taking an interest in the hunting game,around me there more into doing harm and causing trouble.There was a young lad that was very keen a few year back but he got to an age where he started geting interested in girls then there was only 1 hole on his mind and it did not hold a badger,lol.

Some girls are hunting badger in France, a way to combine some different passions...

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...