New Season In France

Good numbers mate. Especially considering there's no Bellman and Flints involved. Do you dig more than one in the stop ends or is it mainly just the single ones?

Sometimes we are failing despite the work of the dog. Last season, 5 days without any badger, they were in the terrier but we failed.
Sometimes, just one badger for all the day.
Few times more, all the clan in the same stop end.
This proves that badger hunting has nothing to do with badger baiting.
If a dog is able to stay two hours or more with 6 or 7 badgers in the same tunnel, there's no fight. Otherwise, the dog would be destroyed and killed.
According to me, badger has just one weak spot, just one. The weak spot is self-confidence, a too large assurance. So badgers are waiting with the dog barking beside.
When the badger is aggressive, it's able to force the passage. Usually, badger don't do it. Fatal Self-confidence.

Would you say the terrier is lacking by leting the badger push by,should it not hold the badger unless the tubes are massive,as ye dispatch your quarry ye are not digging shall we say educated game,all the game you are digging are in our terms are green so there should be no problem in holding them in a stop with the right dog.I have seen it PRE-BAN where certain dogs would move with the badger when it started to push where as other dogs would drive forward when it started to push and hold the game in the stop.Another question,sorry for all the questions but im just curious as to your ways of hunting,if for instance you have to drop 3-4 holes in an earth to eventually reach dog and game are you not destroying the earth in doing so or are they that big that its makes little difference to the earth.I have seen earths that have had 3-4 holes opened up and backfilled properly but very hard to get game back to them for a long time.

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't know exactly what do you mean by "mix", it means to bite ? If it means to bite, they are more barkers than mixers. Betty, the left one on the pic, is my best jack (10 badgers in 5 hunts this

Some pics from my digging class  

Posted Images

Good numbers mate. Especially considering there's no Bellman and Flints involved. Do you dig more than one in the stop ends or is it mainly just the single ones?

Sometimes we are failing despite the work of the dog. Last season, 5 days without any badger, they were in the terrier but we failed.

If a dog is able to stay two hours or more with 6 or 7 badgers in the same tunnel, there's no fight. Otherwise, the dog would be destroyed and killed.

According to me, badger has just one weak spot, just one. The weak spot is self-confidence, a too large assurance. So badgers are waiting with the dog barking beside.

When the badger is aggressive, it's able to force the passage. Usually, badger don't do it. Fatal Self-confidence.

So if the badger is there and they fail to get it the next time they try that place they are dealing with a slightly better educated animal there for not all ways green stuff they are digging it stands to reson

Would you say the terrier is lacking by leting the badger push by,should it not hold the badger unless the tubes are massive,as ye dispatch your quarry ye are not digging shall we say educated game,all the game you are digging are in our terms are green so there should be no problem in holding them in a stop with the right dog.I have seen it PRE-BAN where certain dogs would move with the badger when it started to push where as other dogs would drive forward when it started to push and hold the game in the stop.Another question,sorry for all the questions but im just curious as to your ways of hunting,if for instance you have to drop 3-4 holes in an earth to eventually reach dog and game are you not destroying the earth in doing so or are they that big that its makes little difference to the earth.I have seen earths that have had 3-4 holes opened up and backfilled properly but very hard to get game back to them for a long time.

We dig some places once per year. No problem, badgers are still in the place despite all the holes men did. During the year, badgers displace more earth than we did.
We have to rebuilt the tunnels at the end of each hunt. We are very cautious with the stop ends.
  • Like 1

Hi blaise, how did you're bitch work for the five hours, did she stay to ground always or does she, show, surface at times.?

She stay always to ground. We haven't seen her for a second.

• Like 3

Blaise sorry if you've already commented on this question, when you back fill do you simply put the dirt back in the hole you've dug or do you bridge the tunnel then back fill?

If it's a good place and a good stop end, we restore the tunnel with woods before the dirt.

post-80985-0-07763300-1464280663.jpg

• Like 9