New Season In France

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't know exactly what do you mean by "mix", it means to bite ? If it means to bite, they are more barkers than mixers. Betty, the left one on the pic, is my best jack (10 badgers in 5 hunts this

Some pics from my digging class  

Posted Images

Pobebly going to get some stick for saying this :whistling: but just because it's legal it still don't make that fecking mess a good dig imo...

To be fare firemen if your not using locators & it's fairly deep, there's a good chance your hole not always going to be nice & neat first time..........there's a better chance with a bellman, I'd say....

• Like 4

Pobebly going to get some stick for saying this :whistling: but just because it's legal it still don't make that fecking mess a good dig imo...

To be fare firemen if your not using locators & it's fairly deep, there's a good chance your hole not always going to be nice & neat first time..........there's a better chance with a bellman, I'd say....

Understand that but there's two trenches there starting from some distance apart and either the game and dog were moving about :icon_redface: or the men listening needed to turn the old deaf aid up :laugh: .Not going to ruin a good thread but if there's a example of modern locators showing their worth over out dated old school methods then this is it :yes: ..

• Like 1

yeah the french man really needs advice ,tips ,and "expert advice" from people who couldnt keep thier sport ,promote it,show it in a good light !!

The original poster ,put something up of interest,showing how digging is carried out in france ,which i personally found fascinating,appreciated the tradition ,and obvious love and passion for the sport those guys showed! Then come along the words of criticism,wisdom,ha ha!oooo your holes tatty!!!Please you sad twats!

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

lol its a forum for discussion not for arse licking, a guy gave his honest opinion, get over it ffs, go brush your hair or summat

ive seen the level of your discussion ,sort of reminds me of junior school ,the divvie ones that had a special classroom!!

Sorry, but my english is too bad to play "ping-pong" on the forum with all of you.

Prior reminder : We don't go to hunt in order to become little heroes but to have good time. We don't look at badger hunting like some of you. Pleasure is more important than a feat. I don't search the amazing exploit. My arms are too weak, my dogs inconstants, badgers are too smart, earth is too rough.

So I'll try to give you some honest explanations.

• Like 13
This monday, we were 4. My two sons, André and me.

We've gone to a well known place near my kennel. We tried with a young Jack Russell, Hugo, a beginner. After 10 minutes, the dog found an animal. The hunt was moving from one side to another. We begun to dig in order to cut the hunt.

We retrieved Hugo at 11h and tried with an older one. Comète is a parson Jack Russell bitch. She was efficient last year but now she's inconstant. The hunt continued in the same way, from side to side.

At 12h, I retrieved Comète. Then, my oldest jack Russell bitch, Betty was given the job. She hunts closer the badger. The hunt seemed a bit deeper, the badger seemed less mobile.

To be safe concerning my old little Betty, we dug behind the bitch. In the deepest part of the terrier, earth was soft. We heard the badger, it was working down. So we decided to extend the hole (that's the shot). At 17h, 8 or 9 ft deep, we reached Betty. We seen the brave little dog, she was barking and scratching. Badger continued his work. We couldn't see the animal because there's an angle in the tunnel.

We dug a tunnel behind the bitch but earth was too soft, the tunnel began to collapse. So at 18h, we dug another hole, front to the badger. 2 hours later, badger was catched.
  • Like 10