New Season In France

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't know exactly what do you mean by "mix", it means to bite ? If it means to bite, they are more barkers than mixers. Betty, the left one on the pic, is my best jack (10 badgers in 5 hunts this

Some pics from my digging class  

Posted Images

Hello blaise , is terrier work practiced all over France where is it most popular and where would the highest population of badgers be?

We haven't badgers in moutains (more than 2.000 m), nor in Corsica. They are very few in the South East (Provence, Languedoc near Mediteranean Sea). Except these places, Badgers are common all over in France but may be with lower density than some places in GB.
The Badger's hunt is very usual in West and center regions (Normandy, Centre, Pays de Loire, Bretagne, Auvergne...). Less in south and rare in the North-East.
Consequently, I'm the happiest among badger's hunter. :)
I'm hunting in the Nord-East, we have good badgers populations and no competition.
In some places, the terriermen teams are numerous. It could be difficult. They release a lot of badgers to keep the population. "No kill" hunting.
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
I've 4 jack russell, 2 little size and 2 parson type, from 3 different lines.

The best one's the little bitch on the pic. Too hard to hunt foxs but very involved with badgers. Unfortunately, she don't pass the qualities to its progeny, we tried twice.

My jacks vs my patts... Jacks are perhaps quicker, Patterdales are able to hunt longer. My Jacks are sometimes inconstant and my Patts lack a bit voice. Here the voice is very important because we hunt without collar.

But I'm very happy with these two breed, Some are marvelous workers.

• Like 1