3/4Grey1/4Collie On Foxes Pre Ban

Neither do cowards that wont take ahold of the sumbitch. You can bet your ass them dogs let ALOT of fox get away over the years.

ya grumpy bugger :laugh: have watch of the full dvd it is alright :yes: they catch plenty :thumbs:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's not quite right. I've kept and occasionally bred collie greys for almost 40 years and what I've found is that some will take fox and some won't. Even when I've bred a litter from two very keen

No diff to any other X out there

Them dogs in that video are pure shit. From the very first clip you could see that dog didnt want nothing to do with that fox. Not good dogs at all.

Neither do cowards that wont take ahold of the sumbitch. You can bet your ass them dogs let ALOT of fox get away over the years.

was thinking the same Dan, they good at finding them, no dout about it. But they give the fox to much respect you can see that, they dont want to get bit . That part in the vid when it was running down the hill with the fox, could of nailed easy but didnt? Thats where you need a drop of bull in the mix, give bit more guts :yes: ive had colliexs kill foxes Blaze spoke about him lot of times, he was like them at 1st, then after few, used grab quick and shake the shit out of them, then neck them. dont think he was like most colliexs, and he was fecker for cats, he rather kill a cat+ fox than kill a rabbit :laugh:

I've had quite a few 3/4 crosses of this type and the good ones grab them without effort but some learn to run clever,I got rid of a good rabbit/hare bitch because on her own she'd visibly slow up allowing her fox to get into cover and away,then come back tail wagging as if she'd done well.p*ssed me off as she'd done them from a pup without any trouble,doubled up she was like a lion,a lot of collie crosses learn to run clever by the time they're 4 or 5 yrs old,just picking their runs on rabbit and hare as well,this is all pre-ban of course,WM

• Like 2

Have seen plenty of greyxcollie take fox either from bolting from an earth or pushed from cover in daylight but on the lamp its a different story.Once they start getting the sharp end they soon lay back and just course the fox until it runs out of the beam,but doubled up they will account for plenty and will hunt up.They are also a usefull hound to mark an earth.

was thinking the same Dan, they good at finding them, no dout about it. But they give the fox to much respect you can see that, they dont want to get bit . That part in the vid when it was running down the hill with the fox, could of nailed easy but didnt? Thats where you need a drop of bull in the mix, give bit more guts :yes: ive had colliexs kill foxes Blaze spoke about him lot of times, he was like them at 1st, then after few, used grab quick and shake the shit out of them, then neck them. dont think he was like most colliexs, and he was fecker for cats, he rather kill a cat+ fox than kill a rabbit :laugh:

Naw you dont need no bull in them but maybe some beddy perhaps. LOL!

Seriously though it dont take bull blood to kill a damn fox. It just takes a good dog which finding one of them is like finding rockin horse shit so good luck to all.

I've had quite a few 3/4 crosses of this type and the good ones grab them without effort but some learn to run clever,I got rid of a good rabbit/hare bitch because on her own she'd visibly slow up allowing her fox to get into cover and away,then come back tail wagging as if she'd done well.p*ssed me off as she'd done them from a pup without any trouble,doubled up she was like a lion,a lot of collie crosses learn to run clever by the time they're 4 or 5 yrs old,just picking their runs on rabbit and hare as well,this is all pre-ban of course,WM

Have seen plenty of greyxcollie take fox either from bolting from an earth or pushed from cover in daylight but on the lamp its a different story.Once they start getting the sharp end they soon lay back and just course the fox until it runs out of the beam,but doubled up they will account for plenty and will hunt up.They are also a usefull hound to mark an earth.

Yep doubled up or on a dig with a lil bitty ass terrier there are loads and loads of dogs that will kill anything but once by themselves its a whole different ball game. I have even seen dogs that would be billy bad ass on a critter even if they just had another shit eater in the back of the truck with them even if that dog would never dream of gettin into it the other dog would still be rough as can be but put em in the back by themselves and let em think bout life for awhile and they all of a sudden aint so rough no more. Weird stuff.

• Like 1

this is pre ban don't know if there 3/4 1/4but its a good vid

Saw this years ago,hear it was filmed in the brecon beacons,some foxes on that land
Good land hard ground for lurchers but these lurchers are def not single handed dogs lol

Jesus f**k - there's been some Silly Billy's on here this afternoon...it's been a nice afternoon too....some of you guys need to get the f**k out more for sure...must be snowing where you are Dan yeah????

Nope, its beautiful out. Its only like maybe 80 degrees or so and got some sun. I'd like it to only be bout 70 but beggers cant be chosers.