Small Deer X Greys

If you put a deerhound to a greyhound the litter would be even and you should know what to expect mate, when you put a first x to a first x then you can get what youse have a varied litter, I had a half x Beddy grey, 3rd generation half x she was nearly 25 inch and my first cross Beddy grey is just over 21, its just what happens when you put lurcher to lurcher even though the percentage is the same, you can get big small, rough and smooth all in the same litter, if you want 30 inch first cross that's the way you should go you can't really reproduce a first cross

That is a ridiculous statement. There is NO way you can say that if you breed a deerhound to a greyhound the litter will be even. So is that the case if you breed a collie to a greyhound or how about a beddy to a greyhound. I have put countless number of litters on the ground and I have yet to say anything that even resembled "even" in any litter I've ever bred.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know I'm right. Deerhound x Greyhounds breed to type, so the litter comes out pretty "even". I know this and so do lots of other people that have actually bred them or seen a few litters. You said i

LOL! Ya I hear ya, Im the sensitive type too. HAHA!

I'm being serious here now. Do you have any real life experience with these breeding thought and theories or did you just read a book or listen to some bullshit dribble that the varioud peddlar dog m

Posted Images

I'm being serious here now. Do you have any real life experience with these breeding thought and theories or did you just read a book or listen to some bullshit dribble that the varioud peddlar dog marketing fucks around your country have spewed in order to sell more pups? And most of those who have written these books have very limited experience too but they aint afraid to jot it down on paper cuz they heard some shmuck go on about it and then pass it off as their own personal knowlege that they gained through years and years of trial and error.

• Like 1

I'm being serious here now. Do you have any real life experience with these breeding thought and theories or did you just read a book or listen to some bullshit dribble that the varioud peddlar dog marketing fucks around your country have spewed in order to sell more pups? And most of those who have written these books have very limited experience too but they aint afraid to jot it down on paper cuz they heard some shmuck go on about it and then pass it off as their own personal knowlege that they gained through years and years of trial and error.

Dan - I think litters that are fed on bread are far more even than litters fed on proper dog food... :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Dan - I think litters that are fed on bread are far more even than litters fed on proper dog food... :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Thats prolly where I been f****n up all these years.

Thats prolly where I been f****n up all these years.

Ya gotta laugh Dan eh??? :thumbs:

:laugh::laugh: chill dan

If you put a deerhound to a greyhound the litter would be even and you should know what to expect mate, when you put a first x to a first x then you can get what youse have a varied litter, I had a half x Beddy grey, 3rd generation half x she was nearly 25 inch and my first cross Beddy grey is just over 21, its just what happens when you put lurcher to lurcher even though the percentage is the same, you can get big small, rough and smooth all in the same litter, if you want 30 inch first cross that's the way you should go you can't really reproduce a first cross

That is a ridiculous statement. There is NO way you can say that if you breed a deerhound to a greyhound the litter will be even. So is that the case if you breed a collie to a greyhound or how about a beddy to a greyhound. I have put countless number of litters on the ground and I have yet to say anything that even resembled "even" in any litter I've ever bred.

1st cross deerhounds x greyhounds breed pretty much to type and you can be pretty sure of what you'll get. The blokes on here saying that their dogs haven't reached normal heights have also said that there's something else in the mix, which is where the big variations come from. I didn't think the dogs that you had over there were proper deerhounds, but were a deerhound lurcher type with lots of other outmixes along the way. That's where big variations in litters come from. Beddy x whippets are another dog that throws to type and you know what you're going to get from the outset. Other mixes, even first crosses, don't always have the same outcomes, there can be big variations in Collie x Greyhound litters and them Labradoodle things that are all the fashion chuck out all sorts of shapes and sizes in the same litter.

If there's no conformation in anything that you've ever bred then you need to look at your breeding plan. How can you even consider which dogs to pair up if you don't know what you're getting? Now that is a ridiculous thing to do.

• Like 1

1st cross deerhounds x greyhounds breed pretty much to type and you can be pretty sure of what you'll get. The blokes on here saying that their dogs haven't reached normal heights have also said that there's something else in the mix, which is where the big variations come from. I didn't think the dogs that you had over there were proper deerhounds, but were a deerhound lurcher type with lots of other outmixes along the way. That's where big variations in litters come from. Beddy x whippets are another dog that throws to type and you know what you're going to get from the outset. Other mixes, even first crosses, don't always have the same outcomes, there can be big variations in Collie x Greyhound litters and them Labradoodle things that are all the fashion chuck out all sorts of shapes and sizes in the same litter.

If there's no conformation in anything that you've ever bred then you need to look at your breeding plan. How can you even consider which dogs to pair up if you don't know what you're getting? Now that is a ridiculous thing to do.

Well said mate saved me a bit of typing, ill give you and example dan I have a Beddy grey pup from a repeat mating, the first mating all dogs made 22-23 and bitches made 21-22, the second mating guess what? They all made exactly the same. Nothing smaller or bigger sounds like you need to look at your breeding stock if your "dropping all these litters on the ground" and never get an even litter, sounds like you need better stock

• Like 1

Peddler in our country? That's a rich statement coming from a man who's just told me he's had that many litters he's lost count, you enjoy spitting out your uneven litters, the arguments finished.

• Like 1

Ya you're right I need to worry about breeding on conformation cuz we all know thats what does the trick. For serious?

Well said mate saved me a bit of typing, ill give you and example dan I have a Beddy grey pup from a repeat mating, the first mating all dogs made 22-23 and bitches made 21-22, the second mating guess what? They all made exactly the same. Nothing smaller or bigger sounds like you need to look at your breeding stock if your "dropping all these litters on the ground" and never get an even litter, sounds like you need better stock

Yes definately need better stock. Send me a beddy whippet so I can start killin some shit.

• Like 1

Peddler in our country? That's a rich statement coming from a man who's just told me he's had that many litters he's lost count, you enjoy spitting out your uneven litters, the arguments finished.

How many pups you think I've sold in my life or dogs for that matter? Take a wild guess.