only found out today how much the marksman get per badger,...............fooking hell there be some trigger happy shooters out there............ :icon_eek:

The money is shite mate.

By the time they pay out for accommodation, waiting time, fanny around with auditors and sort out security, the money left will be negligible.

I know someone who quoted for it on a per acre basis, the farmers found a cheaper contractor.

I wouldn't do it for any money. Been there, got the T shirt, eaten the ham.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Makes my piss boil all the time , effort and money spent by these buny hugging pricks to save old brock yet when a british service man is murdered in the uk not one of the spineless twats has out to s

We have unblanced nature in so many ways. The natural world cannot regulate its self as it used to. The introduction of so many alien species has tipped the balance in many cases , we are in danger

Lift the protected species law and let the farmers shoot cull and make there own minds up if they want them on the land or not, all this political shit!!!

I dont understand the politics or science of BTB or the culling of badgers, what I do know is when badger digging was legal bovine TB was virtually unheard of in the areas where we controlled badgers by digging them, 25-30 yrs ago everyone who knew anything about badgers said protecting them would cause problems, not just TB. Badger digging in a humane manner was the best way of controlling badgers.

• Like 3

only found out today how much the marksman get per badger,...............fooking hell there be some trigger happy shooters out there............ :icon_eek:

The money is shite mate.

By the time they pay out for accommodation, waiting time, fanny around with auditors and sort out security, the money left will be negligible.

I know someone who quoted for it on a per acre basis, the farmers found a cheaper contractor.

I thought it was alright ,.............if there travelling then it still seems reasonable even ,.....over one hundred pound for seven tb carriers fooking sounds ok to me.......the only down fall is sending them to be tested

The money is shite mate.

I thought it was alright ,.............if there travelling then it still seems reasonable even ,.....over one hundred pound for seven tb carriers fooking sounds ok to me.......

Having done it; and dealt with all the bollocks and auditors, I can assure you it's not enough money.

How much money is reasonable to put up with the animal rights shite that goes with the job?

When I worked for MAFF I had bomb glass installed in the house, 360 lighting, a linked alarm with panic buttons, and a mirror to check under the car. I also had to drive home a different way each day as I was often followed.

These people are fanatics, and amongst them are some hard core terrorists who will stop at nothing to get at you and your family. You want more than minimum wage to do that job.

I dont understand the politics or science of BTB or the culling of badgers, what I do know is when badger digging was legal bovine TB was virtually unheard of in the areas where we controlled badgers by digging them, 25-30 yrs ago everyone who knew anything about badgers said protecting them would cause problems, not just TB. Badger digging in a humane manner was the best way of controlling badgers.

WOW!! You must be the oldest member on here and the oldest resident in the world as it was first outlawed in 1850, even more so in 1911 and again in 1935. Funny how bTB was only first documented in this country in the 1950's so I don't know how your numbers stack up, maybe in your extremely old age you forget these dates. So badger digging was outlawed nearly 100yrs before bTB came to this island. The first badger to be found with bTB was in 1971.

I can only speak from experience on the ground and not from any scientific journal or any other fooking place, but when your faced with 70 year old farmer with tears streaming down his face after hes been told his herd of prize cattle that he has spent most of his adult life and his father before him have reacted positive for TB yet again and there is clear evidence of a link between badgers and TB in cattle and the fact the fooking things are rampant in our area as we are a small village with no major roads to cull the fookers. Then yes even if the cull does nothing more than create a fire break or shows if a full scale cull would be effective or not then by fook im all for it. What other hope do these farmers have ?

I agree completely that they are helpless but badgers are NOT the only carrier issue.

You're telling me that Farmer Giles hasn't already been told by Old McDonald to shoot the badgers and then throw them in the road early morning to make it look like it was run over? Maybe put some paracetamol in a bit of dog food for them? Pretty darn naive your farmers aren't they?

Go out, get a licence and blow any badger you see to kingdom come but when it fails to reduce the cases of bTB and the public cry for a full ban knowing the actaul science behind it then you've only yourselves to blame and you'll have to deal with Brian May's smug face everywhere.

Badgers need controlling just like any other animal that has no other natural predator other than man.

Not to this extent Paulus and not under this umbrella. Enjoy your hunting whilst you can.

See there you go again "whilst you can" and the cheap shot about paracetamol in dog food and badgers placed at roadside wont get a rise on here either mate. were all law abiding hunters who would never do anything against the law :thumbs:

WOW!! You must be the oldest member on here and the oldest resident in the world as it was first outlawed in 1850, even more so in 1911 and again in 1935. Funny how bTB was only first documented in this country in the 1950's so I don't know how your numbers stack up, maybe in your extremely old age you forget these dates. So badger digging was outlawed nearly 100yrs before bTB came to this island. The first badger to be found with bTB was in 1971.

You need to learn to read

Twat.

• Like 3

badger baiting was outlawed in 1835 however digging with terriers was only outlawed under the protection of badgers act 1991

I can only speak from experience on the ground and not from any scientific journal or any other fooking place, but when your faced with 70 year old farmer with tears streaming down his face after hes been told his herd of prize cattle that he has spent most of his adult life and his father before him have reacted positive for TB yet again and there is clear evidence of a link between badgers and TB in cattle and the fact the fooking things are rampant in our area as we are a small village with no major roads to cull the fookers. Then yes even if the cull does nothing more than create a fire break or shows if a full scale cull would be effective or not then by fook im all for it. What other hope do these farmers have ?

I agree completely that they are helpless but badgers are NOT the only carrier issue.

You're telling me that Farmer Giles hasn't already been told by Old McDonald to shoot the badgers and then throw them in the road early morning to make it look like it was run over? Maybe put some paracetamol in a bit of dog food for them? Pretty darn naive your farmers aren't they?

Go out, get a licence and blow any badger you see to kingdom come but when it fails to reduce the cases of bTB and the public cry for a full ban knowing the actaul science behind it then you've only yourselves to blame and you'll have to deal with Brian May's smug face everywhere.

Badgers need controlling just like any other animal that has no other natural predator other than man.

Not to this extent Paulus and not under this umbrella. Enjoy your hunting whilst you can.

See there you go again "whilst you can" and the cheap shot about paracetamol in dog food and badgers placed at roadside wont get a rise on here either mate. were all law abiding hunters who would never do anything against the law :thumbs:

Of course we are. How stupid and low of me to put such a contorted statement across. I apologise profusely squire :)

I'm not sure where you get your information from, but it's WRONG.

bTB has been around for a very long time, and badger digging was legal right up to the point of the Badger Protection Act in the 1970's. Even after that (up to the W&C Act) you could kill them if you could prove damage.

It's all acedemic really; there is no way that the badger will ever be a sporting quarry here in the UK again.

What's needed is removal of protected status in those counties rife with TB and 'prescribed' methods being allowed.

Let's just wait and see what happens first.

In the meantime, you may enjoy this blog http://www.bovinetb.blogspot.co.uk/

You need to learn to read

When was badger digging legal in your books then and when did bTB come here? As you put "virtually unheard of" I took it it as that. Did you mean to write "completely unheard of"?

Huch, bTB has been around for centuries. It was 'isolated' in the 1950's, and the first badger to test positive was in 71. Prior to that badgers hadn't been tested because their populations were insignificant and they weren't considered.

TB is a bacteria that still kills 1.5 million people each year. Before milk was routinely pasteurised it was common for people to contract TB from drinking raw milk. The BCG vaccine was developed in 1905 and is no longer given to kids in schools because some scientists think that it will not be effective for much longer.