Boil an equal weight of fruit n sugar in a big pan,use jam sugar cos its got pectin in to make it sett,if you cant get jam sugar put lemon juice in.once its simmering keep dropping a bit onto a cold plate and leave it to cool for a min,if it setts its ready,if not keep simmering and testing untill it does sett.Once its ready pour straight into jam jar n screw lid on and leave to cool,that way when it cools it'll create a vacuum so it'll keep longer.If you want to be healthy you can put more friut n less sugar in.Same recipe for most jam!

There out and ready already :victory:

Not here :hmm: Just wee little green'uns. Not that I can find anyway.

Boil an equal weight of fruit n sugar in a big pan,use jam sugar cos its got pectin in to make it sett,if you cant get jam sugar put lemon juice in.once its simmering keep dropping a bit onto a cold plate and leave it to cool for a min,if it setts its ready,if not keep simmering and testing untill it does sett.Once its ready pour straight into jam jar n screw lid on and leave to cool,that way when it cools it'll create a vacuum so it'll keep longer.If you want to be healthy you can put more friut n less sugar in.Same recipe for most jam!

Cheers mate, I will try that :thumbs: Do you have to heat up the jar before you put it in?

• 2 weeks later...
trappa thats the best cooking book ever ritten :clapper::clapper::clapper:

Your right mate, its a great book. Ive got a few of his books. The original " cook on the wild side" book is apparently rare now!

i used to absolutely love hugh :notworthy: , but he has started to go a bit "commercial" now, with his restaurants etc. Come back the old hugh, foraging for food in the hedgerows etc

trappa thats the best cooking book ever ritten :clapper::clapper::clapper:

Your right mate, its a great book. Ive got a few of his books. The original " cook on the wild side" book is apparently rare now!

i used to absolutely love hugh :notworthy: , but he has started to go a bit "commercial" now, with his restaurants etc. Come back the old hugh, foraging for food in the hedgerows etc

His programmes were OK. They were abit misleading though, making out he was living off the land and all gis income coming from the produce etc

They dont mention that he had a very successfull book before the program which must have raked him in a few bob :whistling:

Couple more weeks and I think the blackberrys will be perfect, a few out at the moment but not many.

Theres a few out now. I made a blackberry charlotte last week with a punnet full i foraged.

Went today and there was plenty, but you had to hunt for them. Im making a bramble and apple crumble tomorrow :yes:

Like you say, a couple of weeks and there will be loads :clapper: