Hancock Dog Pictures

Nah pure useless slow cowardly pieces of shit 'cause they ain't American and you dint breed 'em...and they eat too much wheat... :laugh:

Thats what I figured. Thanks for your honesty. Now if you are old enough to tell me the truth how were some/most of them. Obviously I know they all werent good but were the majority of them half crosses fast enough to catch fox. And were at least some of them gritty enough to end it.

Oh and btw, my dogs are NOT fox dogs. They would suck I assume.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

'jazz' 3/8 beardie border.......sire tweedle dum......24 1/2 " about 50lb ........5yr old fur, feather, day, night, lamps, ferrets, nets, carries, jumps, works cover, etc........I'd go back

25 years ago or more,,,  

I'd agree with that BBB...I have been to Hancock's in the past and he must have had dozens of pups ready to go...and often quite a few at the 5-6 month mark...which haven't gone to homes yet...and the

Posted Images

How were the half crosses on fox back in the day? Were they fast enough to catch consistantly and were they gritty enough to end it when they did catch? I've always been interested in talkin bout collie crosses especially the border collies. I like them dogs for some damn reason.

Some lacked a little pace that I seen but most could get the job done though not with the power that some bull x's do the job, some of the collie x's could be accused of "thinking" about it too much at times but not all.

Dosen't Uphill run a Hancock blooded dog, Grills I think he's called? How do you rate him on the teeth? :victory:

Nah pure useless slow cowardly pieces of shit 'cause they ain't American and you dint breed 'em...and they eat too much wheat... :laugh:

Thats what I figured. Thanks for your honesty. Now if you are old enough to tell me the truth how were some/most of them. Obviously I know they all werent good but were the majority of them half crosses fast enough to catch fox. And were at least some of them gritty enough to end it.

Oh and btw, my dogs are NOT fox dogs. They would suck I assume.

i had a kelpiex greyhound xgreyhound back in the eighties best fox catcher i seen mastered the throat hold the fur was rarely damaged sold the pelts for a tenner a piece

• Like 1

How were the half crosses on fox back in the day? Were they fast enough to catch consistantly and were they gritty enough to end it when they did catch? I've always been interested in talkin bout collie crosses especially the border collies. I like them dogs for some damn reason.

Some lacked a little pace that I seen but most could get the job done though not with the power that some bull x's do the job, some of the collie x's could be accused of "thinking" about it too much at times but not all.

Dosen't Uphill run a Hancock blooded dog, Grills I think he's called? How do you rate him on the teeth? :victory:

Thats not Scotts dog and I've never seen the dog on anything in my life. Stunt owns him.

Thats not Scotts dog and I've never seen the dog on anything in my life. Stunt owns him.

Sorry mate it was Stuntman not Uphill :icon_redface:

sorry but honestly never seen a bull cross do any thing better than any uther cross one I had was shit loved getting bit thow

Sorry mate it was Stuntman not Uphill :icon_redface:

Is anybody else gonna answer the question for me? Surely there has got to be somebody else on here with some experience with these half crosses. Most of the half cross anything I have seen in real life or on these videos just wouldnt be fast enough to catch I would think unless double up which I have absolutely no problem with at all even on fox.

plenty fast enough unless your foxes are faster then ours

Naw I dont think thats the case. I really wasnt even concerning myself with our fox cuz I'd never kill one on purpose anyhow. I'm just askin bout yalls half crosses and the fox they run.

Dan,

Have you ever seen a G.H. x Plott? My buddy has a litter and I've been watching them grow (6 months old). They look very nice and if they treat a coyote any worse than they treat each other they're going to be bad-ass dogs. He's not socialized them properly so I'm not interested in getting one but I am interested in how they will run. Any predictions I can get would be appreciated. I'll have to post a question on Vargy's and see if anyone else has any experience with them. They sure are a good looking bunch a dogs.

Dan,

Have you ever seen a G.H. x Plott? My buddy has a litter and I've been watching them grow (6 months old). They look very nice and if they treat a coyote any worse than they treat each other they're going to be bad-ass dogs. He's not socialized them properly so I'm not interested in getting one but I am interested in how they will run. Any predictions I can get would be appreciated. I'll have to post a question on Vargy's and see if anyone else has any experience with them. They sure are a good looking bunch a dogs.

Yes of course I have. I grew up around pretty much nothing but coonhounds and field trial dogs which back then were coonhound x greyhound or coyote dog crosses. They used to call slick dogs greyhounds and hairy dogs deerhounds back then. My dad didnt have a clue what I meant by staghound and I laughed cuz the internet know it alls just love that term. HAHA!

And Vargy is a nark sumbitch so I wouldnt be hangin round on that assholes site for nothin.

Is anybody else gonna answer the question for me? Surely there has got to be somebody else on here with some experience with these half crosses. Most of the half cross anything I have seen in real life or on these videos just wouldnt be fast enough to catch I would think unless double up which I have absolutely no problem with at all even on fox.

i seen a little 22" 42lb bitch many times taking fox, first cross border grey. she was just pure evil round them, do anything to get hold of one. used to trail them from about 4 months old, n ose down like a scent hound. plenty of speed for the job took her a while to work out how some of them will jink and twist but once she figured it she was very very good. didnt mind taking a bite either, although after a couple of seasons the bites became less common.

• Like 1